Robie Benve profile image 92

Do you condition fine art paint brushes?

I paint with oils and acrylics (I keep separate brushes sets) and my oil paint brushes are getting stiff and the bristles are kind of separating. I read somewhere that you can apply hair conditioner to fine art brushes to keep them soft. Before I mess with it, I was wondering: Is that true? Does it work? Any other tips on keeping brushes in shape? Thanks

KevinMillican profile image73

KevinMillican says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

Cleaning paintbrushes with saddle soap? This is a first, never heard of it. Thanks a lot for the tips KevinMillican. :)

cat on a soapbox profile image84

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

nickel12 says

craftybegonia profile image52

craftybegonia says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

Tell me about it! Sometimes I get huge lazy spells and don't clean the brushes promptly, oh if I regret it afterwards. lol Taking good care of paintbrushes is key, they are the tools that determine the look of the painting. Thanks!