jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite painting?

1. nikki1 profile image59
    nikki1posted 8 years ago

What is your favorite painting?

2. elimentree profile image58
    elimentreeposted 8 years ago

Though I have many favored paintings one of my all time favorites is Claude Monet's, "Water Lillies". I admire it at the Metropolitan Museum in NYC where I live and never get tired or observing it.

3. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i'm not in2 art. that's not my interest. i like other things

4. a.l. laurice profile image68
    a.l. lauriceposted 8 years ago

I don't know if I have favorite paintings, but I do have favorite painters.
    I like anything by Botticelli. I think he was just one of the most talented painters of all time.
    Actually, my profile pic is one of Boticelli's paintings.
    If you're in a darker mood, though, I think anything by Albrecht Durher is amazing.
    My favorite works of art have to be sculptures, though. All the ancient Greek and Roman reliefs and statues.
    When the barbarians sacked Rome, they deliberately destroyed many of the statues by knocking their heads off. For some reason I think there is just something so mezmerizing about these headless gods and goddesses.

5. profile image43
    yeahartposted 7 years ago

I like some oil painting on yeahart, and I decided to buy one from it, but don't know which one to buy.

6. Azure11 profile image93
    Azure11posted 7 years ago

This question inspired me to create a new hub which is called My Favourite Painting Right Now. My favourite painting continually changes depending on what I see in exhibitions and the like. My recent favourite is one I saw in an exhibition in Abu Dhabi which was by Franz Marc, called "The Unfortunate Land of Tyrol"

7. gulnazahmad profile image63
    gulnazahmadposted 7 years ago

My all time favorite artist is Jackson Pollock. His 1948 painting entitled No. 5 1948 is arguably his greatest masterwork, the most vivid expression of the painter’s unique style.  When it was sold by David Geffen in 2006, it became the world’s most expensive painting in history at a price-adjusted $149.70 million dollars. But apart from its price and its value it i a masterpiece with great expression.

8. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I don't like to be tied down to favourites but there are a few painters I admire: Leonardo, Rembrandt, Van Gogh, JMW Turner, Flint, John Blockley, whoops, almost forgot Hokusai.  At the moment, I do rather like the Fighting Temeraire, Turner.

9. Bukarella profile image84
    Bukarellaposted 6 years ago

One of the most romantic paintings ever created: The Kiss, by Gustav Klimt read more

10. Deborah Minter profile image92
    Deborah Minterposted 6 months ago

There is so many to apreciate, but one of my favorites is "Starry Night" by Van Gogh.