jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where is the market, for weird paintings?

1. skellie profile image80
    skellieposted 7 years ago

Where is the market, for weird paintings?

I did a very strange oil painting a while ago. It seems to freak people out and I can not find a market to sell it in. It is a dark grey background painting, with bits of white, like a mist. With a big set of green eyes that stare at you. I am not sure why I painted it but it just came out that way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The painting sounds interesting but I'm afraid that one painting isn't enough, you may get lucky and sell it privately as a one off at an exhibition; however, gallery owners are going to want to see a series, some sort of continuity, evidence of working on a style, improvement, development.
    best of luck

3. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Go to some art shows,or art festivals and let them see your work you never know who you might meet there.It work for me.

4. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 7 years ago

Maybe try selling it on eBay - there is quite big competition on there but it will get it to a wide audience. It also depends on why you are selling it - do you want to make some money or do you want it to just go to to a good home?! If you are not bothered about getting a lot for it but just want to find someone who will appreciate it then put it up for a lowish price that you are happy with and see what happens...

5. Laura Spector profile image83
    Laura Spectorposted 7 years ago

You may be interested in looking at new Surrealist painters that are coming out of L.A.  Take a look at High Fructose Magazine (http://hifructose.com/) or Juxtapoz magazine (http://www.juxtapoz.com/) to see some of the most popular painters creating this type of work. These magazines often offer opportunities for exhibitions through competitions.  Good luck!

6. micadeolu profile image47
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

Upload a visual sample at fanartreview.com There you can review and sell your artworks and pictures.

7. skellie profile image80
    skellieposted 6 years ago

Thankyou all very much, for your ideas. I am going to have a look in to all of them, they all sound like good suggestions.
    Thankyou for taking the time to help me out.   smile

working