jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are there so many, 'All time' questions on here, is time suddenly going to s

1. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Why are there so many, 'All time' questions on here, is time suddenly going to stop?

Surely these questions should be phrased along the lines of, up to now...

2. Doc Snow profile image97
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

I doubt it.  If time exists to "keep everything from happening at once," as Einstein proposed, then it might seem logical that an accumulation of time questions could be a sign of time stopping.

But if we were able to notice this in  process, as the questioner feels he/she has done, then by definition, it isn't "sudden."

Moreover, I wouldn't worry--if time stops suddenly, none of us will be in any position to notice.

And furtherm

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

I think people enjoy stirring up debates.
    Instead of asking, Who is "YOUR" favorite.....etc" they want you to stand up and tell the world you know who or what is the best of all time!

As you have alluded to unless the world ends today there is no way of answering such questions because no one knows what the future holds.

4. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I don't know why there are so many, but usually I don't answer them for the simple reason I find it impossible. For example one pop/rock singer will be my favourite for a particular time in my life, but not another time when different things were happening. Same with books, movies and so on. I guess as well that I like too many different things to be able to answer any such question.

working