Why do I keep seeing 9:11 PM on the clock?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Any Other Voice profile image60
    Any Other Voiceposted 11 years ago

Why do I keep seeing 9:11 PM on the clock?

Because nearly every night, I check the clock at exactly 9:11 PM and it's becoming a really disturbing coincidence... tell me if you've experienced something like this! And why it's happening!

2. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Oh my goodness! I thought it was only me! lol! me and my friend over a period of about 20 years always said, 'Its ten to ten again'! And even now, years later, I still look at the clock at ten to ten! so don't worry, you are not the only one! lol! I think the reason is that after it happening a couple of times your brain starts to see a pattern and then alerts you when its that time, clever, but annoying little brains!

Any Other Voiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha brains act in strange ways, don't they? tongue

3. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 11 years ago

i have..except that what I see..always is this.....2:22, 3:33 , 4:44. 5:55 its weird

4. Nagatang profile image72
    Nagatangposted 11 years ago

It all in our mind.
    You will see what you subconsciously "want" to see and hear what you want to hear.

This is awareness and our animal instinct of identifying danger or prey/food.

Say you just change your car to Toyota Prius yesterday....suddenly you see lots of Toyota Prius as you drive along.  It not much change from yesterday, but now you as owner of one, you are more aware of it. The moment you see one it register in your sight.

In the case of time and worst if it is related to traumatic event...the moment you see that number it register in our mind.
    How to neutralize it?  By seeing your clock at different time....and relate some good memory to it. Say 6.05 am that the time my youngest girl start her First Day at primary school.

It normal to be that way.....

1. connorj profile image70
      connorjposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent analysis...

2. loveofnight profile image77
      loveofnightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can see the method to the madness with your explanation....a good share indeed.

3. Any Other Voice profile image60

Good example! I've also experienced days where I learn a new word and suddenly I hear it being used EVERYWHERE. haha!

4. KennethConner profile image62
      KennethConnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. However I also feel it is related to how 'Psychics' find success. They'll make 6 guesses 5 of which are far off but you were so surprised by the 1, it's the only one you remember.

"Wait the clock says 9:11?" There is allot of focus there.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

My first though was that maybe your clock is broken...

6. Dr. Haddox profile image60
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

No, I have never experienced anything like this. If you check the clock, every night and it happens at 9:11 PM, it does make you wonder, why is this the case, or, how is this happening.
    I don't know, I do feel that this situation is a bit unusual, or a little strange, to say the least.
    I don't to make too much out of it, but it is, as I have suggested, a bit unusual.
    Beyond the able statement that I have made, I am at a loss to anymore further on the issue.
    Good luck with your answers.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

7. posts profile image71
    postsposted 11 years ago

Yes its all in your sub-conscious. Power of subconscious mind is unlimited. In your case, may be your mind coded the time with some incident ( 9/11 with September 11) or this may not the the case. But, yes this is normal!!!

8. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

If you think that you see it all the time, you are going to see it all the time. I promise you often check the clock and see other times repeatedly. But you don't notice them, so you don't notice them.

9. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 11 years ago

If it was more than just the clock, then I would say it meant something. For instance, if you were seeing 9:11 on the clock, then you shopped at a convenience store and it came to $9.11, and then someone mentioned 9/11 on a show. That would be a sign that you should pay attention to; it could carry some sort of meaning. But because it is just your clock, it is probably a subconscious fixation.

10. kwade tweeling profile image80
    kwade tweelingposted 11 years ago

I've experienced this a lot actually. Coincidences are something I have had intimate relations with.

There are many things we have come to explain with science. The human mind is amazing and capable of so many curiosities we are only beginning to discover. Or rediscover, as the case may be.

As Nagatang said, your subconscious is capable of doing this. Your subconscious mind is far more powerful than most people give it credit. We take in far more information than we are able to process consciously. Our subconscious mind takes the relevant information (the information we sort for) and brings it to our attention.

As you already stated; you are disturbed by it. Your subconscious mind has an emotional attachment to this time. Because this is the case, you are more likely to notice it. (Meaning, more likely to look up at just the right time.)

I don't discount the possibility that you are clarvoiant and something ghastly terrible is about to happen. In my experience however, you should be experiencing a lot more than just the same time before you should worry.

Haha, I don't think I'm clairvoyant but I do think it is my subconsciousness... although, when 9/11 happened, I was about five years old....

11. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

Deal with it. Do not ignore it. Dig in and decide why. Could be from within and could be from without. Whether it is your mind or whether it is a sign, do not be stupid and act like it is nothing.
    Coincidence is for the flat brained idiots.

12. LupitaRonquillo profile image78
    LupitaRonquilloposted 11 years ago

Very strange you should ask this. For the past 3 years this has been happening to me as well! My husband too sees his birthday 1127, so we are both spooked by this strange coincidence...

13. m0rd0r profile image62
    m0rd0rposted 11 years ago

Recurring clock digits are a common psychological issue. Mine is 2:03.

Once you start noticing it - you will always check your watch at this exact time and freak yourself out.

Don't panic - it's normal and it means your internal clock is damn accurate.

What the digits mean to you is another question.

Did something happen at this time that made you remember it with bad emotion?

Mine was.

A friend of mine was lying about the school clock having us both late for class. We were supposed to be in the building before 13:30 and not in 14:03 smile

14. Borsia profile image40
    Borsiaposted 11 years ago

You can always switch to a 24 hr clock where it will be 21:11 but you have somehow set your internal clock to that time and likely would still look at the clock at the same time. But it would lose its symbolic meaning.

15. ArtzGirl profile image73
    ArtzGirlposted 11 years ago

I had this happening over 20 years prior to the events of 9/11.  I couldn't figure out what was going on with this, but each time I would look at the clock- it would be either 9:11 am -or-pm. 

This was such a weird coincidence that I remember sharing this with my parents, who also thought that it was super bizarre.

-----------

Little did I know- but this 9/11 date was very significant to me.  9/11 was a wake up call.  A huge incidence that completely changed my life and my writing.

Here are the articles that I've written on this topic.  Perhaps some of the videos will speak to you-- and you will figure out why you are being shown 9:11 on your clock consecutively.

My first 9/11 Article explaining my own personal experience speaking up on 9/11:  http://artzgirl.hubpages.com/hub/Questi … ry-of-9-11

New Breakthroughs have taken place since the 10th and 11th anniversary of 9/11.  This article covers more on that topic with some great videos that will catch you up to date --
    http://artzgirl.hubpages.com/hub/Breakt … es-Forward

Major Breakthrough- The Kuala Lumpur 9/11 Revisited: Seeking the Truth Conference in Malaysia
    http://artzgirl.hubpages.com/hub/911-Re … r-Malaysia

Check these out and see if they don't speak to you, like they did to me!

Here are some additional videos that have recently spoken to me on the issues of 9/11:

Texas Architect, Ron Avery-  explains the WTC buildings, the Pentagon, and the Shanksville Crash Sites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGx7aifC … e=youtu.be

Part 2:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtKqhsN4nFo

Richard Gage AIA - Head of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth - 10 Minute Film: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAHp_zSGd8

Longer Documentary:  Experts Speak Out - Explosive Evidence with Richard Gage AIA...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCu_pvhnzQ

Check these out and let me know what you think!  I think you've been given "a sign"-- now it is your duty to follow up on your leads!

1. LupitaRonquillo profile image78
      LupitaRonquilloposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Seeing 911 really has impacted you... I will check these out... I always think its some sign of something bad to come.  Yesterday I saw 911 for both am and pm again :\

2. Any Other Voice profile image60

GREAT answer, Artzgirl. Unlike me, you really decided to take it as a "sign" and follow it (those articles are wonderfully in-depth). When 9/11 happened, I was about five years old though, so I have no idea why I would have an emotional attachment...

3. ArtzGirl profile image73
      ArtzGirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that this is always something "bad to come" - but something that will be particularly significant to you - and may be part of "your calling". 

9/11 put me in touch with my writing passion, my research abilities, and some great friends

4. Any Other Voice profile image60

It's good to know that even destructive events like that can be constructive in some people's lives!

16. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

I have a digital thermometer in my room, and a lot of times during the winter when it is cold, I'll check the temperature and it often says 66.6 degrees; ha!

That is also quite disturbing, haha!

17. Diana Lee profile image76
    Diana Leeposted 10 years ago

I had a time when nearly every day I was seeing double or triple numbers either on a clock or other places which called my attention to them.  I looked it up to see if there may be anything causing me to do this. Several online articles suggested it meant that a thought could become reality.  Another suggested that something was about to happen that would be a life changing event. Shortly after this I made the decision to stop smoking. I have been smoke free for ten months.

18. profile image48
    iorkyposted 10 years ago

wow that is pretty weird, i mean sometimes it happens to me but not that much

19. Harishprasad profile image71
    Harishprasadposted 10 years ago

Such coincidence is common. I have one in my case. I have been to many offices and every time, I am transferred from a particular office to my new office, the previous office either gets closed or shifts it's residence or site. This has happened six times and I am amazed like you are and yes, I am equally clueless.

20. cyoung35 profile image80
    cyoung35posted 10 years ago

It's the same reason I wake up minutes before my alarm goes off every morning...It's your internal clock. Not coincidence, not phenomenon, just your internal clock telling your brain to look at a time piece. It doesn't seem to matter what time I set my alarm for as I always seem to wake up 1 minute before it actually goes off. It makes me mad because I feel like if I would have gotten that extra minute sleep I would be better rested for the day...lol

1. Alex Gamino profile image54
      Alex Gaminoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

nah its not an internal clock i dont check the time on a clock. i go on my phone then i turn it off go do something outside come back in and go on my phone (not to check the time) but it shows the time so yea. i just know its not my internal clock.

21. profile image51
    MerneyDenposted 10 years ago

I guess your clock is possibly broken , you need to check it or have repaired it.

22. Maria A Garcia profile image53
    Maria A Garciaposted 9 years ago

This has been happening to me to but I dont know what it means my mom said its some type of sign. But what type?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)