jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does my hub "photo project: butterflies" have a low score yet has the most v

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 7 years ago

Why does my hub "photo project: butterflies" have a low score yet has the most visits???

2. mulberry1 profile image91
    mulberry1posted 7 years ago

I don't understand hubpages scoring myself so I can't really help, but I'll be interested in what others say. The photos are nice and the content also seems useful and unique.

Perhaps it needs some voting up by visitors.  (I did this) But I certainly have many without votes that have pretty reasonable scores.

Perhaps it has to do with SEO factors. Like having keywords strategically located or something. Or perhaps length. On some sites you need a minimum number of modules. You appear to have one long one. Perhaps dividing it up, giving the sections a title, adding a tad more detail????? If nothing else it makes the page look nice and more reader friendly.

Sorry, guessing wildly here.

3. Rastamermaid profile image74
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

How is HubScore computed?
    HubScore takes into account many factors and will change over time as data about its performance continues to stream in. It will also fluctuate quite a bit, seemingly at random, and that is nothing to worry about. The most important HubScore components that you should be concerned with include:

•Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages

•The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community

•The response of readers to your Hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.

•The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be penalized

We reserve the right to change the factors used to assess a Hub’s HubScore as we continue to determine those that measure a great Hub. The bottom line is if you write original, useful content, your HubScores will eventually reflect the quality and work you've put into them, but please try to avoid getting too hung up on your Hubs' HubScores.

**Taken from help page for hubpages

Hope this helps

4. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

I'm new-ish to HubPages, but wonder if perhaps because you have no spaces between names of butterflies and the following parenthesis if the word cannot be found, and thus doesn't rate high in a search feature.

For example, you may have something like monarch(Latin name here), and the word "monarch" won't be found since a search engine would be only seeing "monarch(Latin", which, of course, is not a word.

There are a few other mis-spellings as well.  Like I said, I don't wish to criticize, but just have experience on my website w/ getting it found by Google and can see that this small error may be costing you in bigger ways than would seem plausible.

Okay, editing my comments to include this example from your fine Hub--see how there are missing spaces between the plant and the following Latin name?  That means that gardeners, for example, who may otherwise find your Hub, won't.  From your Butterfly Hub:
    Indian Hemp(Apocynum cannabinum), Butterfly Weed(Asclepias tuberosa),Golden Rod(Solidago sp), and Red Clover(Trifolium pratense)

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Fran Yo,
    Thank you for taking the time of looking at this hub and offering well deserved criticism. This was one of my very first hubs and kind of rushed. I took your advice and did the corrections.
    Please feel free to critique my work, as always your suggestions are well taken.

Thank you