jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite candle scent and have you ever tried making your own with

1. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite candle scent and have you ever tried making your own with leftover wax?

With all the different types of scents for candles these days do you have a favorite and have you ever tried making your own?  Was it difficult?

2. Kim Cantrell profile image60
    Kim Cantrellposted 5 years ago

I used to make candles and out of all those scents available, I think Blueberry Muffin has to be my absolute favorite. 

I used to put all of the leftover wax into jars and called it Mish Mash.  They sold like crazy at craft fairs.  I was never a fan, but obviously I'm an odd one out. lol

3. Angelo52 profile image80
    Angelo52posted 5 years ago

Flower scents are my favorites. Gardenia, Jasmine, Rose. I am making tealights with leftover wax from my candle jars. I also recycle the candle jars into seashell crafts and use some for storage.

4. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I love the soft scents such as vanilla and lavendar.  I did make a few candles and they turned out ok.  It takes patience working from beginning to end.

5. Lee Tea profile image93
    Lee Teaposted 5 years ago

My candle obsession is Sweet Orange chili pepper - even bought the soap so I could smell like it all day long smile

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 5 years ago

My absolute favorite is one called Witch's Brew -- a mix of cedar, sandalwood and patchouli. I absolutely love the earthy, musky scents. I've never made my own out of leftover wax, but used to make a lot of beeswax candles when we raised bees.