jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some cute and inexpensive craft ideas for teachers to welcome students

1. alissaroberts profile image88
    alissarobertsposted 5 years ago

What are some cute and inexpensive craft ideas for teachers to welcome students back to school?

2. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

You can do a classroom poster (maybe the shape of a sun or something summer themed) where each student uses paint to write down one or two activities they did during the summer. 

You could also give each student a paper shaped as a person (a child) and have each student write a couple of things about themselves on it (i.e. smart, funny, good at sports, likes music, etc.) to share with the class.  It can help get kids back in the crafty, school mode as well as get them to socialize in a fun way.

I suppose it would depend on how old the students are though.  I really miss those fun assignments and projects in school.

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Let's see, how about:

1.  Creating a word cloud or image cloud reflecting each individual in class.
    2.  Put together a huge collage made out of all sorts with a school theme or term theme.
    3.  Get hold of some felt and do a class felting project - make a wall hanging or several smaller pieces.
    4.  Create a mini garden in your own self made wooden boxes.
    5.  Make paper - out of recycled old paper that is print and toxic chemical free!
    6.  Get some modelling clay and get each member to make a pot or a bowl or a sculpture.
    7.  Plant trees, sow seeds, create wildflower patch.
    8.  Make an ideas box out of cardboard/wood/papier mache.
    9.  Make sock or glove puppets and put on a mini drama.
    10. Create huge paintings on a wall and choose a theme to go with festival/special date/celebration.

I hope you get something nice done even if you don't choose one of these! Bon Voyage.

4. Vitallani profile image78
    Vitallaniposted 5 years ago

You could make some peg dolls. Wooden doll shaped pegs are usually available in craft shops, and they can be pained and clothed.

5. randomcreative profile image94
    randomcreativeposted 5 years ago

I wrote an article about teacher appreciation gifts at the end of this past school year.  Many of them work well as back to school gifts.
    http://randomcreative.hubpages.com/hub/ … ique-Ideas

working