jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

What are you designing today? A book, a party, a sweater?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

What are you designing today? A book, a party, a sweater?

2. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Designing my schedule next week, my halloween costume, and my goal plan at work for the next week.

3. Silva Hayes profile image89
    Silva Hayesposted 5 years ago

I'm designing a new mosaic.  On a long, narrow piece of plexiglass I will mosaic a beautiful dragonfly with a body of graduated gold foil beads and wings of transparent stained glass on a background of varying shades of green stained glass.  It will be hung vertically, unframed, with bits of the green glass background extending off the edges slightly.  It will be grouted in black.  It will be suitable for hanging on a wall or in a window with light filtering through it.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This dragonfly sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing your project.

2. Silva Hayes profile image89
      Silva Hayesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here is a picture - it's a work in progress. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41703578@N07/page1/

4. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Now that Fall is here, So. California's best planting season, I am designing the layout of new shade beds as well as planting seeds and 4" perennials in my full sun areas for next summer's bloom.

5. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 5 years ago

We just had our first hard frost, so I'm sitting here looking at what's left of the hardwood leaves and the hard shine of rime on the grass while I think about more poems. I'll open my notebook to a few ideas I've had stirring, sip some tea, and see what appears on the paper. Creation is still a mystery to me after nearly 70 years, which is why I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet morning. Maybe something will come along, maybe it won't. Either way, it's going to be a good day.

It is so refreshing to hear your words saying you are still in awe of the mystery of life! We all could take a look at the new day with open minds.

6. Seafarer Mama profile image88
    Seafarer Mamaposted 5 years ago

Designing a couple of walls in our house, on which I will be painting designs in acrylics, using stencils as my template.

Also plan to design and decorate all of our light switch plates with button designs that complement the paint color in each room.

My daughter is talking about using a stencis for her walls of a tree.  This sounds beautiful.

7. Gary Holdaway profile image82
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

I am designing a blog today, though my mind is creating a blogazine page at the same time. Its making life very difficult for me!

Great idea.  Thanks for sharing your designing idea. Hope all goes well with it.

8. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

A "Joker" costume for a party next week.  I sprayed my old suit purple using coloured hair spray, my vest I sprayed green using similar spray colouring.  I hit up the local thrift store and picked up a bright orange shirt for a couple of bucks as well as a pair of white dress gloves.  Then I wen to the dollar store to get face make up and a green wig.  Throw in some bright blue Converse all stars, black hat with purple band and a lapel flower that squirts water and I'm all set....

Aw that should be perrrrfect.  I love the flower that squirts water!

9. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Appliques for a little girl's sewing project.

What kind of appliques did you design?

10. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

I am an aspiring jewelry designer with a degree in jewelry-designing course. I am designing different jewelry pieces, mostly traditional and contemporary Indian jewelry for women. It is one of my biggest passions in life.

I admire your jewelry designing talent.  It certainly is a great gilft idea.  Do you have a website you can share which will show us your designs?

working