jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you sell on Etsy and has your experience been good?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Do you sell on Etsy and has your experience been good?

I just started listing some of my creations on Etsy.  I've heard good things about it but I would like to hear from those who really work at it full time - is it worth it? Do you do enough to stay busy and make money? Does it become too busy? smile How long does it take to get your items/store noticed? Are there ways to help this?

2. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

I'm not one of those full time Etsy sellers (giftsetmore on etsy), but I do know that it's possible to go at it full time if you're offering a product that's greatly sought after. I've noticed some who will close their shop for a period of time due to high order demand in other to have time to fill those orders.

So, it really depends on what you're offering for sale at your shop.  And there is always paid advertising options to get yourself noticed.

3. TNSabrina profile image60
    TNSabrinaposted 5 years ago

I sold a doll one time, and then quit. I decided a few days ago to list a few things, but I’m not promoting or doing nothing to it really. I might give a quick pin to Pinterest, and that’s about it. I’m currently working on a little item someone ordered on Fiverr. I’m not sure if you’ve tried it, but everything is $5.00. It is another option if you’re doing small crafts.

4. Elderberry Arts profile image97
    Elderberry Artsposted 5 years ago

I used it and Folksy for while but did not have luck. I have my own site now.

5. Joan King profile image71
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

I have been on ESTY for a few years now and even though it is a part time venture you do get the occasional sale, so long as I keep listing stuff or renewing expired listing. You can also pay a small fee to have esty promote your items but I have never done so yet. Overall, I am happy to stick with ESTY for now as a part time venture.

6. KarenCreftor profile image89
    KarenCreftorposted 5 years ago

I don't sell on Etsy, but I have done in the past.
    I've written a hub about the pros and cons of selling on Etsy, with some tips on getting noticed smile
    http://karencreftor.hubpages.com/hub/Th … sy-Selling
    ~Kaz x