jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Which is easier to learn: knitting or crocheting?

1. daisyjae profile image81
    daisyjaeposted 3 years ago

Which is easier to learn: knitting or crocheting?

I want to learn how to make winter accessories, little things like scarves and mitts. I will be teaching myself using books and you tube videos.

2. Caitlyn Ramos profile image81
    Caitlyn Ramosposted 3 years ago

It's very easy to learn finger and arm knitting! I'll link two youtube videos. But I warn you that it's addicting.

Finger Knitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZsUBYU0qU

Arm Knitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070qaUxEyp4

I never bothered to learn knitting or crocheting after I learned to do these two things!

daisyjaeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I will definitely check out these videos. Thank you for your response!

3. liesl5858 profile image81
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I like both crocheting and knitting but I think it is easier to learn how to crochet. I know how to crochet but I am not sure about knitting. A colleague of mine showed me how to knit and I quite like it. Both are good to learn as extra skills.

Crocheting looks harder to me but I will give it a shot. And you are right, its always good to have extra skills! Thanks for your response.

4. anima knitts profile image83
    anima knittsposted 3 years ago

For me, knitting was easier to learn but it doesn’t have to be the case with you. It all depends on tutorials that you follow and how well written or clear they are. I have published a hub on knitting for beginners so you can visit if you like. There you will also find some free patterns for crocheting the toys.
    If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Happy knitting/ crocheting.

I will check out your hub, and thank you for your offer of help, I am sure I will need it!

working