jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

"Wild. Innocent. Positive. Practical. What Image Comes to Mind?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

"Wild. Innocent. Positive. Practical.
    What Image Comes to Mind?

2. Boundless Amber profile image84
    Boundless Amberposted 21 months ago

Literally, the first thing that comes to mind is Alice! From Alice in Wonderland (the movie). She's wild, innocent, positive, and practical in all kinds of ways! Did you watch Alice Through the Looking Glass 2016? It recently was released. If you don't mind, you could check out a hub I made after watching the movie, but don't feel obligated to. Alice is a strong young lady who believes in (and achieves) impossible things (positive); she doesn't care what people think, she's figuratively mad, if not she wouldn't end up in Wonderland, according to Cheshire Cat (wild); she has great courage, and maybe it's because she always strives to achieve the impossible, she always manages to break through obstacles (practical); she's innocent because she believes in herself and doesn't expect to have a man to depend on. Alice's freedom cannot be chained down, as evident in the movie. Hope this helped!

threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Wow!  Your example just powed and popped to me! I nearly went to watch the movie but didn't. I will have to now.

3. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 21 months ago

First thought was My five year old Daughter Katara
    She can go between all these descriptives and back again in less than 2 minutes.I think that is partially because she is 5  years old and because she is a girl.

With little ones what you see is what you get. You are lucky to have her. Beautiful photo.

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
      chuckandus6posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thank u i do feel very lucky

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 21 months ago

Wild can be outrageous, as in dress, parties, behaviour or attitude; hard to tame, not unlike a horse. It can include a false sense of freedom; not listening; going one's own way; difficult to rein, again like the horse, only applying to human life.

Wild can imply freedom, as in minding ones own business, living like a Robinson Crusoe; an Amazon native ...

Innocent is like the child or dawn or even rainbow ...fresh, spontaneous, pure; without guile. It can imply the very qualities that sets one free in court or protects one's virtues. Implies not guilty; good to be around ...

Positive implies always looking forward, like Emerson, Washington, Mandela or Jefferson ...

Boldness is quite close, but positive people are generally spiritual in the sense that they are liberal, accepting; good to be around; non-judgmental, yet they are always moving forward, while challenging the impossible. Sri Chinmoy was that way all his life. All Seers are that way, but one needn't be a Seer.

Positive people are visionaries. They fail like we do, but the difference is that they are quick to pick themselves up and try again. Their goal is always ahead and not behind. Like the running river, they continue to flow, always in a direction subjected either to create change, self-improvement or the betterment of others.

Practicality is an aspect of positivism. If you ask a practical man what religion he is, he won't give you a lecture on the immortality of the Soul, but a simple answer. They do not live in the clouds. They see the sky as blue and the grass green, but yet are flexible and always willing to compromise or see the other persons view.

Practical people, when they do not have the right tools, utilise what they have to the best of their ability. They do not complain. Practical people accept the vicissitudes of life and get on with them. They have very little complaining to do.

They know that life is also hard for us too, and do not make them selves the centre of attraction, or go on and on in self-pity or talk about the same things. They are hopeful, ingenious and always great to know. Great words ...thank you, ThreeKeys.

Hello Manitita44. A beautiful holistic overview. Thankyou. In other words no matter how varied our approach is we all fit into a contributing niche

2. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Quite true. Indeed life itself functions that way, and you really don't need to look further than the family, or even your own flower garden, if you have one. Much Love.

5. K8up profile image63
    K8upposted 20 months ago

Bohemian Survivalist (off the grid living) - or like a modern day naturist/hippie (not so much the 1960s variety, more like those who today would be referred to as being a "Hippie"). I'd have answered with an actual picture image, but I do not see that being an option.

threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Would enjoy reading your Hub on living off the grid! This last little while I have been wondering about such a lifestyle.