Darwin vs. Jesus. Who is more influential in modern times?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

Doing sculptures of the most world influential people in mankinds history.
    I would sculpt Jesus except no paintings or photos references and Christian witnesses is not good enough. Any suggestions?

Darwin, the father of evolution has cross more influential paths of different Religion and cultures than anyone.

Your thoughts? and who else should be on my list and why. Have done Gandhi, Dalai Lama, JK, Pope Francis, Thomas Edison, and A. Einstein.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

No takers on On the Origin of Species voted most influential academic book in history
    Charles Darwin’s formulation of the theory of evolution takes overwhelming share of public vote, ahead of Kant, Plato and Einstein

Or go back to sleep America, continue to watch Trump and the American Gladiator on TV to complete your entire life programming.

3. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years ago

CP, that should be easy.   Just dream up the sort of person that would inspire you.....length and colour of hair; age; body type; facial features; maybe excelling at the sport of your choice; or engage with protesting for your favourite anti-march.  Then call that person of your dreams "Jesus."  This is what every other artist in history has done.  But if it offends the dreaming of some other person(s), you might get hung, drawn and quartered for it.
    Sweet dreams.

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

Jesus has been around nearly a couple of thousand years longer than Darwin, so he's had more time to influence mankind. It seems like today "the twain shall meet." Religion and science are merging together as sacred geometry is becoming a science in itself and either replacing or offering plausible explanations for legends and myths. Growing up, Darwin and Jesus were held in equal esteem around my house, Darwin by my father and Jesus by my mother.

You really don't have to have accurate facial features to sculpt Jesus. We know basically what a man of his time and area looked like, hair style, dress, etc. Sculpture doesn't require skin color, so there should be no contention there. Imagine and sculpt away.

Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I actually dream for a living. My imagination wants some bases of existence, historical facts and Jesus lacks both.

From building museum displays of human and natural historical displays. You will find theories have been most influential in our lives. Such as Politica and Religion. The arts being most influential tool of all.

We are biologic organism first or earthlings. Darwins influential was in the discoveries of millions of species originates and history. Up to mid 1800s the time of the book Origin of Species, we thought dinosaur were dragons, our lifespan was less than half of todays lifespan. Population had grown 7 times. Compared to Creationist who believe the world is 6000 years old and OT was borrowed from the Jews and many story stolen from the oldest Religion Hindu, in all, many loose hand me down myths.

Most European thought the earth was flat, year 1500, based on the Bible lead by an amateur Sharman with many names and titles, There are 200 name or titles of Jesus.
      Will the real Jesus stand up to have your portrait done?

JEHOVAH:JESUS OF NAZARETH: KING OF THE JEWS: ( Almighty, Alpha and Omega Righteous One.”Authority, Son of God, Deliverer, Great High Priest, Head of the Church, Holy Servant, I Am, Judge, King of Kings, Light of the World , Lord of All, Christ is Lord, Messiah, Savior, Our Hope, Peace, Prophet, Rock, Sacrifice Our Sins,,Supreme Creator Over All, The Way, The Word, The Truth, Victorious One, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Dominions or rulers or authorizes, He alone is worthy.

From traveling over a 100 countries. The other religious people I talk to. Are far more educated that mankind history of the world being at least 200,000 years old. Not this Creationist BS that nearly half of American who think the earth is under 6'000 years old.

5. Castlepaloma profile image75

There is nothing known outside of the new testament and other Christian texts to testify to any fact at all about Jesus that was written or in any way made during the time that Jesus supposedly lived, let alone pictures.

All pictures of Jesus that we see today originate from white European artists in the middle ages who couldn't believe that Jesus could be anything else but one of them.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wrong and wrong. But, who cares? If you don't believe, that's ok. If you do, that's ok to. Wouldn't life be better if we all learned to live and let live instead of taking uninformed pot shots at each other?

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It would indeed be better.  CP is responding, I think to those of a Christian leaning who presume anyone who is atheist can only be "wrong, wrong."
        Was it not the Crusaders (with the Crus - Cross) at the forefront, who determined that the people of Islam were wrong? And invaded with political objectives?
        Those Americans Creationist can be just as adamant against atheists and just as unwilling to live and let live.
        So it's a somewhat level playing field.  Would you care to bet on the winners?

Plenty have killed in the name of God.

Don't know anyone who was killed in the name of Darwin. Unless they were eaten.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

I'm a strong lover, not a fighter. Fighting is what Religion dose best as they divide and conquer. Don't understand Religion and they don't like me questioning everything, too bad.

Perhaps if the First Epistle to the Corinthians (Ancient Greek: usually referred to simply as First Corinthians was never written, there would be no Jesus today.
        The New Testament of the Christian Bible. The epistle says that Paul the Apostle and "Sosthenes our brother" wrote it.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
          MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma, I thought you were asking for numbers, not how much influence Jesus or Darwin exerted upon their followers, however many they might have had. It was just an estimate of more people in nearly 2,000 years than 200 years. I don't disagree with all the names you've come up with, however, I've never heard Jesus called Jehovah before. That's a new one on me. The Christian church, which I grew up in and left, teaches that he is the "only begotten son of Jehovah." Now how he was "begotten" of a virgin mother is their "miracle."  I did some searching and the only references to Jesus as Jehovah that I found came from conspiracy theorists.

Atheist group have the strongest knowledge of world Religions, they call the Christian God- Yahweh. From my studies there is a half dozen Jesus's running around under different names and titles. My purpose was to pick a great man for a portrait, where everyone else I can clearly ID.

If Jehovah’s Witnesses have the answers. Only 144,000 are going to heaven and none of the women. I will never understand , so hell for me, is nothing more than a hot nightclub with all my love ones.

1. profile image0

"so hell for me, is nothing more than a hot nightclub with all my love ones." Make that your regular church, CP.  ENJOY LIFE.

Hope to run into you in one of those hot nightclubs.
                Lol.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You are several centuries behind the times.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years ago

Jesus was a (son of) man of the Middle East. He did not wear his hair short as the Romans did. The Jewish custom was neat but longish hair and beards. He had dark hair and dark eyes. He brought metaphysical truths to the physical realm and he brought forth the reality of a loving God who forgives us, spares us and welcomes us home. He also tried to pinpoint the hypocrisies of the Jewish interpretation of their own religion or cultural heritage, as guided by God Himself.

So many times in History, the Jewish people lost their way and ignored their heavenly Father who guided them and gave them boundaries so that they could live a good life and eventually come back to Him. Jesus was 100 percent doing God's will in coming (back) to earth to help mankind and the Jews themselves.   

Darwin brought forth concrete knowledge in terms of reality on the physical plane which is a manifestation of Mother Nature, who Father God produced.

In my view, take it or leave it.

PS Depict both!

7. Castlepaloma profile image75

Jesus was half Jewish, the other half God,  no other bloodline from a spirit world.  Making Jesus Jewish both by blood and being born jewish through the Jewish mother's bloodline.

KKK would never accept a member from a mother Jewish born child.

So God's chosen people are Jewish.
    What happens if all Christians end up in hell and only the Jewish go to heaven. After all 2/3rds of the history of Creationism is the borrowed book from OT, the book of the Jewish faith.
    I call, :The Passion of the Jews:

Unless 2+2 =5 or you have a clear puzzle connection.

Why? Maybe because Christians personally know God Yahweh. All other Gods are like Elvis impersonators. Still confused about the Jewish God.

If I am wrong, my logical choice would be repent to the Jewish God, at lease according the the Zionist Jews, who really run the greatest show on earth, today. From the tree of Survival.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years ago

No, the Bible's NEW Testament explains that Jesus came for all men. Its somewhere in Timothy, as I recall.

So 1/3 third of all men got together and claimed Jesus.
      King of the Universe.

I though Trump was king of the Universe?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
        Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Mighty Triple O is king of the universe.
        http://www.cogwriter.com/god-omnipotent … resent.htm

Alot of hearsay, too little connected.

1. profile image0

What else would you expect from a man who is trying to keep up his public persona and relationship with his self-made God?

God needs money all the time. He has the poorest business managers, but the best promoters and emotional advertizers in the world.

God , or understanding that people want you to listen to their voice.
                they do not hear God's but their own. And because their knowledge is limited in translation of Hebrew and Greek the truth lacks study.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
                  Kathryn L Hillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

… and because Jesus didn't explain EVERYTHING! and does need to come back.
                  He has more explaining to do.
                  When ?
                  Probably when the majority are ready for such expanded truth.

And judging from human activity on the internet, it won't be anytime soon.

I'll take my chances being harmless and honest on earth. If these people from the Federal Government, Religious leaders and Hitler who was both a political leader and born and died a Catholic, all get into Heaven and I don't. Then everything I  learn and experienced from the most top killing and stealing greater than the public is good. Then I am stumped and stund.  If this hierarchy athouries Dogma going to heaven, then I accept my faith into hell.

I still think not, as my kar-ma will run over there Dogma on earth everytime.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)