jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Funny not Slutty

1. FunnynotSlutty profile image60
    FunnynotSluttyposted 9 years ago

I'll post some topics in a few weeks, I have a few deadlines right now. Thought I'd say hello and invite peeps to my site <snipped promotional link>. We feature comedy for women created by female producers, writers, humorists and comedians. Our content may be a little smarter and a little deeper than your average web humor (sometimes).

I'm also taking submissions for July updates. So female writers, if you have a story or especially if you have an excerpt from a book or script you want to publicize or share, submissions are welcome.

FYI, funnebone is a popular contributor here and we have been collaborating on some scripts.
    http://hubpages.com/profile/funnebone

Jacki Schklar

1. thranax profile image28
      thranaxposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Not good to start topics and put your link to your site in them dude, just Fyi.

2. funnebone profile image66
    funneboneposted 9 years ago

Dude is a girl, and I am a dude, just to make that clear..ha

3. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 9 years ago

Many other hubbers who have been here for awhile are putting their links in the forum, so it is not a big deal.  I think this rule pertains to newbies who spam the forums with their links without having contributed to the community first.  Funnebone does not do that and his hubs are great smile.

1. VioletSun profile image69
      VioletSunposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Hey, SweetiePie: Just noticed you have been with Hubpages for two years! I don't think I have seen any other hubbers who have been here that long...  maybe, I am not paying attention.

1. SweetiePie profile image85
        SweetiePieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Active for six months, but I had two hubs written about a year and half ago.  I only started becoming active in the community when I rediscovered my hubs in December 2007.  I love the hubs.

2. thranax profile image28

I think your wrong, know why? See the <Snipped Promotional Link> ? That means I was right about this. Basically what your saying is you don't want me to do what a Hubber should do and notify the person about the rule and Quote it to be found to be Snipped?

Please do not put words in my mouth.  I never told you you could not tell hubbers about the rules, but it is perfectly okay to share links that are not overly promotional.  Many hubbers in the community do share links, but these are not overly promotional ones.  Here are two threads with hubbers sharing their personal links:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5297
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5023?page=4#post46805

You are welcome to tell people whatever you want, it is a free world.  I cannot keep you from doing this, but do not be surprised if someone disagrees with you.

1. thranax profile image28

The quote that I made about the link was to the one they sniped, not the one about the Hubbers profile. I know you can link to things in discussion and if relevant, but the profile link came with the one that shouldn't be here. Sorry, I can't just take a part of it if I want to stand out that its wrong. You said it to me like I was trying to get his link removed, which wasn't my intention. So you put extra meaning in my actions as I put words in your mouth.

Now I see what you mean.  Originally I thought you were way too harsh to say I think you I am wrong.  Did you ever think well I did not read this thread fully?  Next time I will read the thread fully since you are holding me to this.  You words were a little too harsh towards me.  This is a silly thing to debate by the way.  I never thought you tried to get his link removed, so please do not make an assumption.

1. ProCW profile image83
              ProCWposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I still love you SweetiePie! smile

♥♥♥♥♥
              ProCW

Thanks ProCW.

4. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 9 years ago

Active for six months, but I had two hubs written about a year and half ago.  I only started becoming active in the community when I rediscovered my hubs in December 2007.  I love the hubs>>>

I also love the hubs and enjoy most of the people that post in this community; quite a diverse and intelligent one.

working