jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Would you check your vehicle or the deer first?

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Would you check your vehicle or the deer first?

If you hit a deer on your way to work, what would you look at first, the deer or your vehicle damage?

2. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

I'd be mortified to have hit a living thing; but the car is what will concern me more since I'll be dealing with its consequences and not the deer's (sad to say).

3. Joelipoo profile image83
    Joelipooposted 6 years ago

I would probably check my vehicle first.

4. R9139 profile image68
    R9139posted 6 years ago

The deer, a car is an object the deer is a living creature

5. MakeEasyCash profile image74
    MakeEasyCashposted 6 years ago

Being that i depend on my car to make a living and just to live  i.e. driving to work, driving to the grocery store etc... i would check my car because it would have the biggest impact if it was broke.

6. toys-everywhere profile image61
    toys-everywhereposted 6 years ago

The deer. Cars won't die within a certain period of time; an animal will. I'm sure the car would live.

7. Amy Becherer profile image73
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

I would check any living creature before even considering my vehicle. The car can be fixed.  I could not bear the thought of an animal suffering at my expense or thoughtlessness.  No matter what animal, no matter the size, I would not want them to endure pain, injury or death if I could prevent it or change the outcome.

8. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

Having lived in Montana for a number of years where wildlife is still plentiful, it would depend on the situation. If hitting the deer did not cause a serious accident, I might check the deer first. If it did cause a serious accident, then checking for injuries of myself and passengers would come first, then the car, then the deer.

9. Suzie ONeill profile image74
    Suzie ONeillposted 6 years ago

I'd check the deer first, hands down. The life of the animal is far more valuable than my car.

10. aka-dj profile image74
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

Neither. I'd check the kangaroo, then my car.
    Not that we don't have any deer, just WAY more kangaroos. big_smile
    Thankfully, I have never hit one, nor do I wish to.
    They make a right mess of cars.

11. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I'd definitely check the deer first. The deer is a living being (unlike the car) and therefore, it would be in pain. The car would have to wait.

12. catgypsy profile image79
    catgypsyposted 6 years ago

Absolutely the deer first! i would wonder about the mind of someone who cared more abut their car than some helpless animal.

13. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

If you hit the deer at highway speed, it's a non-sequiter. The deer would be through the windscreen, and the one check would cover both.

working