jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you ever look at your tires before you drive away?

1. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Do you ever look at your tires before you drive away?

Men might, women maybe, if you had a flat before.  Do you just turn the key and peel out?

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years ago

After the flat tire I and a friend had on a road trip, yes I do.  Especially if I am in an unfamiliar place.

3. time2rite profile image60
    time2riteposted 6 years ago

Sadly, I have to say no, and I know better!  I've had a flat on several occasions and even will think I should look at them before just jumping in and assuming things are gonna roll smoothly.  Lol, I guess I'm a "typical" woman driver!

4. auktionator profile image38
    auktionatorposted 6 years ago

Although I had several bad ecperiences, I  usually just sped away, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmmm. And paid for this several times :-(( Now I dont drive anymore, topic closed :-))

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Your vehicle is a tool.........a modern day horse.....

You need a good battery (hay) good shoes ( tires), oil pressure ( ability) and fuel........

You just have to know........that you MUST maintain your ride.

Yes, I look at my tires, my radiator, my cooling agents, my oil pressure, my fuel lines, my lights, my heater, my cooking system............

Yes, I maintain my vehicle.

Not only, do I want my auto to get me to work, I want her to get me home again.

6. hawkdad73 profile image66
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

No. I glance.  I catch more problems by feel when I am driving.

7. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

This is something I should probably do more often.

8. Janis Goad profile image88
    Janis Goadposted 6 years ago

I often do.  I look at them as I approach the car, especially when I have been parked in a high crime area like and underground suburban mall.  I have had nails put under my tires and got flats.

9. Craig Snedeker profile image82
    Craig Snedekerposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I will glance at some of my tires as some of my tires have been known to leak (and those are in the garage for the winter).