jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to tackle a neighbor who parks the car in your car parking space?

1. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

How to tackle a neighbor who parks the car in your car parking space?

2. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 6 years ago

Hmmm i know this problem all to well.. What i do. Is i park my car up against the back of there car, but close enough so that i am on my driveway as well.. And then i pretend I am not home for a few days. There only option is to call a tow truck, but even that is not legal, because they cannot have my car towed from my driveway.. Oh the fun smile

3. kschang profile image88
    kschangposted 6 years ago

First of all, are you *sure* it's "yours"? If it's your driveway, then there's no question. If it's like in front of your unit, but it's still public space, then your claim of ownership is a bit more iffy. If it's specifically assigned to you (i.e. you paid for it at the office) then there's a bit more claim.

4. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

In case you have paid for the parking space and legally own it, you can approach the parking attendant or security personnel to get it removed. To avoid recurrence, you can register a complaint with the building manager. If you know who has parked in your space, you can always talk to them directly. If nothing works, put up a fence to protect your space.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

I would post a nice and classy type non threating note on his/her car explaing to them thats my space.

6. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image90
    Emmanuel Kariukiposted 6 years ago

My neighbourhood is notorius for that. I take two large sheets of paper and a felt pen. Then I write in bold "Please do not park here again." Usually it is a different person who parks the next time so I have to write about twice a year. Don't ever think of letting out the air from the tyres. It is not worth your trouble.

working