Alabama Travel, Aerospace and Chinese Jobs
Alabama Aerospace Businesses Offer Abundant Opportunity
The Health and Medical job of Registered Nurse (RN license) is the hottest job in all of Alabama for the 21st Century. It is offering over 2,000 new job openings annually and expected to continue this trend through at least the year 2020.
A variety of businesses employ RNs, from hospitals and medical centers to onsite corporate clinics and the mini-clinics seen popping up in grocery stores and drug stores in the 21st century.
As the average age of the American population increases and the large number of Baby Boomers retire (including nurses), aging people will require additional healthcare in the next decades. Thus, the demand for RNs should continue to be strong and to increase, especially for Nurse Practitioners and RNs that function as Physician Assistants.
Huntsville Space Center, Alabama
Alabama-Chinese Partnership Official in 2014
In Pine Hill, Alabama the Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group from Henan Province, China opened a $100,000,000 factory in May 2014. Henan Province was a giant industrial business display contributor to the Ohio State Fair for several years in the 1970s and 1980s, so the advance of Henan companies into America is not surprising.
Three large American banks own 25% of the Chinese company.
The Chinese factory supplied over 300 jobs into a hunting/tourism economy in the Wilcox County of lakes and sport fish, thick pine forests, wild turkey, and wild boar. Area roads are expected to improve under Chinese investments.
Some of those copper tubes may end up in spacecraft, as well as our automobiles and appliances.
Canada's Lakeside Steel announced that it also intended to create 200 jobs nearby.
Highly Advertised Jobs
A wide variety of other types of occupations round out the Top 20 Hot Jobs in Alabama. These include positions in the Tourism and Service industries, Information Technology (IT), Human Services, Food Service, Management, Truck Driving. The Clergy has become a Top Job supplier at Number 12 on the list. Opportunities abound in Alabama.
The Aerospace Industry is expanding exponentially, especially with vision of Space Tourism coming into reality on the Space Coast along states like Alabama and Florida (the original Space Coast State). Once predicted to close down entirely, Space Camp (see links) has instead expanding into about a dozen programs.
Some of these vacation and training combined experiences will be a first step to individuals, families, educators, and business people that want to avail themselves of Space Tourism and fly into space and to the Moon and Mars in the future. The Aerospace Industry will need large numbers of employees in IT, Healthcare, Services and Tourism, to name but a few.
This popular novel features a restaurant in space. But did you know that Ponderosa Steakhouses bought the first square footage on a space station back int he late 1970s? The restaurant was never built or opened, because the space stations were too small.
Businesses in Space
In the early 1970s, Ponderosa Steakhouses purchased the first rights to open a restaurant on the old space station. However the time limit ran out and the old station was discarded.
From nearly 40 years ago, business people predicted that business would be big in relation to the Aerospace Industry. I think they were correct.
I also predict that the Aerospace Industry and Space Tourism will provide thousands of new jobs to replace jobs that have been lost to overseas outsourcing and obsolescence.
An exciting future awaits current and future workers among the stars and on the Space Coast.
American Aerospace Business
- Medical and Aerospace Jobs and Education in Huntsvil...
With the advancing medical and space programs in the Southeast, new jobs increased in Huntsville even during the Great Recession. It's the Number One city for national recovery.
- Review of Aerospace Careers 2010 to 2040
Space Tourism has the potential to become of the largest Aerospace Industries of the 21st century. Spurred by science fiction as early as the 1800s, sci-fi fan clubs of the 1930s, the Space Race, and Homer Hickam, jobs in Aerospace are blossoming.
Space Camp, Huntsville
Space Camp is the creation of rocket scientist, Dr. Wernher von Braun. Edward O. Buckbee was the first director. Once slated to close down entirely, Space Camp has become more popular in the 21st century.
The Aerospace Industry is growing quickly in Alabama with dozens of related businesses and thousands of new jobs:
Space Camp and the Greater Huntsville Area
Aerospace Links in Huntsville, Alabama
Missions From Huntsville
Space Camp Huntsville
Space Camp® is a delight in Huntsville, Alabama, a beautiful city and good place to visit on its own. I have always enjoyed trips top Huntsville. At one time, consideration was given to closing down the space related adventure locations, but it instead grew with the economy.
Today, space camping adventures are available for kids, adults, business groups and specifically for teachers. Day Camps and camps for special needs individuals, particularly the vision challenged are all popular as well. Everyone can have fun in space while learning something new.
The US Space and Rocket Center is nearby and a dozen museums, shops, and movies are also offered. There is also an annual Hall of Fame and banquet each summer and resources for alumni participants in the camps. See the link above for more of the exciting information.
The Spaceports of North America
- The Spaceports Of North America - Ready For Business
Imagined Lunar mining facility. As of the end of 2012, North America supported 13 spaceports, with one in Canada and the reamining dozen in the USA.These ports are real and they are not all government operated. In fact, with the emergence of the...
- Top 20 Best Hot Jobs in Florida - Computers and Aerospace
The Top 7 Jobs in Florida are all in the cluster of IT occupations, many involved in the expanding Aerospace Industry with two Spaceports in Florida. Healthcare jobs took a huge jump in openings in 2012-2013, however.
University of Alabama, Huntsville Balloon Program
Top Hiring Companies
- Jacobs Technology
- Regions Financial
- Fast Food - PizzaHut and McDonald's
- Army National Guard
- CompHealth Inc
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center
Hot Job Listings - Highest Demand
- Engineers - Huge increase in these positions 2010 - 2014, increase to continue to 2022.
- Aviation Electricians
- Software and Stress Technicians - Aerospace-related
- Truck Drivers - Salaried and Owner-Operators
- Physicians - Internal Medicine, Family Practice
- Physical Therapists
- Registered Nurse (RNs)
- Financial jobs
- Occupational Therapists
- Dentists and related jobs
- Asteroid Mining and Space Exploration Internships at Planetary Resources
Beginning with Spring 2014, a company backed by Google investors, James Cameron, and Sir Richard Branson offers internships for Asteroid Miner wannabes. It's exciting, different, and lucrative work.
Sports competitions are good fun and high quality entertainment at many levels of skills in a variety of games. Traveling on vacation and business junkets can be brightened with some tickets to the following team play.
Not only that, but organized sports at all levels require workers in IT and a number of service related jobs in Healthcare and other Industries as well. A job hunt can only be furthered by investigating these sports possibilities.
College & High School
- Alabama Crimson Tide - Tuscaloosa
- Alabama/Birmingham Blazers - Birmingham
- Alabama State - Montgomery
- Auburn Tigers - Auburn
- Birmingham Southern Panthers - Birmingham
- Jacksonville State Gamecocks - Jacksonville
- North Alabama Lions - Florence
- South Alabama Jaguars - Mobile
- Spring Hill Badgers - Mobile
- Troy State Trojans - Troy
- West Alabama Tigers - Livingston
- Birmingham Barons (AA); Birmingham Bulls (ECHL); Huntsville Stars (AA); Mobile BayBears (AA); Mobile Mysticks (ECHL)
Arenas & Stadiums
Tuskegee University's General Daniel "Chappie" James Center For Aerospace Science and Health Education
Higher Education Facilities
4-Year Colleges, Military and Faith-Based Schools
- Air University: Maxwell Air Force Base
- Alabama A & M University: Normal
- Alabama State University: Montgomery
- Andrew Jackson University: online learning
- Athens State University: Athens
- Auburn University: Montgomery & Auburn
- Bethany Divinity College & Seminary: Dothan, Alabama
- Community College of the Air Force: Montgomery
- Concordia College: Selma, Alabama
- Heritage Christian University: Florence
- Huntingdon College: Montgomery
- Jacksonville State University: Jacksonville
- Judson College: Marion
- Marion Military Institute: Marion
- Miles College: Fairfield
- Oakwood College: Huntsville, Alabama
- Samford University: Birmingham
- South University: Savannah GA, Montgomery AL, Columbia SC, West Palm Beach FL
- Southeastern Bible College: Birmingham
- Southern Christian University: Montgomery
- Southern Union State Community College: Opelika, Wadley, Valley
- Spring Hill College: Mobile - 'The Jesuit College of the South'
- Stillman College: Tuscaloosa
- Talladega College: Talladega
- Troy University: Troy, Dothan, Montgomery, Phoenix City
- Tuskegee University -- Famous school in Tuskegee, Alabama
- United States Sports Academy: Daphne
- University of Alabama: Tuscaloosa, Burmingham, Huntsville
- University of Mobile: Mobile
- Wallace Community College: Dothan, Eufala, Ozark, Fort Rucker, Mobile
- Wallace State College: Hanceville