jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

why do employees tell you they are going to call you for a second interview and

1. profile image48
    nanade1951posted 8 years ago

why do employees tell you they are going to call you for a second interview and then never call?

You supposedly do great at the first interview.  They say that you will be called back the following week for a second interview.  Guess what?  You are never called.  Should you take the time to call

2. Eaglekiwi profile image80
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

They either find out more information about you that they dont like or they are just plain rude and lack manners. It has happened to me ,and got my hopes up so high then nothing. Its not right.
    I would call back and ask ,cant hurt at all .
    Good luck

3. profile image0
    ElizabethCasavantposted 8 years ago

I used to work in HR, so this is what I saw the recruiter doing. She would get all excited about a candidate, then the department head would either not be interested, or found someone else and neglected to tell the recruiter. Typically, they ask for a second interview because at that moment they are excited about you, but then conditions change. Either someone who is connected to the company in some way (friend or family member of someone who works there, or a vendor) becomes interested in the position and they get it because they know someone. Or, something in your background check didn't look good. Remember, that if you think you have been discriminated against, you have the right to file a complaint at your states board of labor.

4. Maya Pillai 2010 profile image59
    Maya Pillai 2010posted 7 years ago

I agree with both EagleKiwi and Elizabeth.

I am freelance writer. There are times when potential clients tell me that your work is great and will get back to you soon and they never do.

In my case it could be because there are many freshers willing to work for peanuts.

Similarly, if the recruiters gets somebody to work at half the rate then it is possible that they may convienently forget about you.

working