jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Nepastism a form of discrimination?

1. BeckonDeck profile image54
    BeckonDeckposted 8 years ago

Is Nepastism a form of discrimination?

I am the Human Resource Manager for a family owned business.  I am not related to the family in an way nor do I have a friend ship with any of them.  I have only been employed there for 6 months and in the short amount of time I have seen how family and friends of the family get paid way more then other employees who happen to be doing the same job.  I know a sales person who makes 20 dolls/hr more then the other sales man plus commission. This sales man is a close friend of the family.  I also know a cashier who earns 22 dollars more an hour then the other cashiers plus bonus and commission.

2. C. Whitaker profile image75
    C. Whitakerposted 8 years ago

Yes, I believe family members are treated differently in the business place.  There definitely seems to be a certain level of natural discrimination involved for people working with or supervised by family members.  It is unfair to those employees with no family connections.

3. huck tooey profile image60
    huck tooeyposted 8 years ago

sounds to me like you work in the wrong dept. and no it`s not discrimanation. by any strech

4. anemometers profile image59
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

Blood is thicker than water and those people who are close to the family are more likely to get paid more because they are trusted. Although I say this, people can still get backstabbed by their own family

working