jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the PMA (positive mental attitude) taught by MLM's ultimately a bad thing?

1. Lowell's Notes profile image83
    Lowell's Notesposted 8 years ago

Is the PMA (positive mental attitude) taught by MLM's ultimately a bad thing?

2. pendell2 profile image62
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

PMA is generally a very good thing. It can get you through a lot of what life throws at you, and help you be resilient.

It only becomes bad when it leads to unrealistic expectations that are repeatedly dashed.  Perhaps this has been your experience.

Perhaps it is not the attitude that needs reevaluating, only one's expectations.

3. liuwenhua profile image56
    liuwenhuaposted 8 years ago

I feel that all the rah rah are short lived. Its doesn't really make much difference for the recipient. Many people I know attended seminars like Anthony Robbins, got hyped up out for a couple weeks, then went back to their negative habits again.

4. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

The reason MLMs need to promote the rah-rah is to attempt to overcome the fact that the structures and compensation plans suck.  Too much money goes upline and to the companies, and not enough to the person actually responsible for a sale and his sponsor.  I don't know of ONE good MLM.  ( So I am not selling product or trying to sponsor anyone in anything.)

I don't know if PMA is a bad thing, but it sure is USELESS.

Closed to reply