jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

To get an amazing job do you think connections are a must now a days???

1. Christi_36 profile image53
    Christi_36posted 7 years ago

To get an amazing job do you think connections are a must now a days???

2. Richard Craig profile image75
    Richard Craigposted 7 years ago

Yeah, for sure.  My friend Jason had a job waiting for him at his Uncles firm to gain experience.  He started on a very good wage, well above the minimum.  He now works with his dad as an electrician earning even more money.

Another one of my friends has relatives in Australia.  Guess where he lives and works now.

I don't really have any useful connections so I've had to really work to be where I'm at.  And I'm nowhere compared to them.

3. Christi_36 profile image53
    Christi_36posted 7 years ago

Thats how I feel, I have to work tripple hard than other people that come from well connected families to get a well paying job or a foot in the door. Its frustrating but I think we are stronger for it..

4. ExpandYourMind profile image74
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Connections and who you know, certainly helps.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on who you ask), this has always been the case.  I agree, it can be frustrating. Having specialty skills helps out, also.

5. lahoriamplifier profile image36
    lahoriamplifierposted 7 years ago

I think to get an amazing job your skills and experience is required

6. deefoster profile image61
    deefosterposted 7 years ago

Absolutely Christi. There is an old adage that is very true today, they very wealthy build their network in order to build their networthy.

Especially with social media as a major driver, it more important now than ever  before on no just making the connection but there is also an art to making the connections.

7. chan0512 profile image62
    chan0512posted 7 years ago

I think experience is the most important thing. If you have the experience, any company will try to hire you. Though, having a connection doesn't hurt either. Usually connection will only bring you one step ahead than others. To close the deal, you will need to prove yourself that you are worth it. I have worked for 2 different companies, all just by being persistent applying the job and I was hired because of my experience. I also think skills and education are important.

working