jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you're self employed, how do you motivate yourself to work?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

If you're self employed, how do you motivate yourself to work?

2. profile image0
    Christinefuriposted 6 years ago

Bills still need to be paid and food needs to be on the table. That is more than enough motivation for me to get up and work.

3. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

Motivation always comes from your mind. so I always talk within myself that i should be successful. What I tell my mind becomes the truth. Your mindset should be positive, your actions should be well directed and your result is emphatic success.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I am very low key and not at all driven - always wished I was different.  I bill for a therapist under my own business name.  I could pursue other clients but just don't want to bother.  Too much hassles, commitment and time.

5. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

Set goals!  For me it is as simple as making a list of tasks I want to complete within a given time frame then allocate time to each task.  I love developing educational resources and marketing them.  So it's like the saying "...if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life".

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

It's kind of difficult. Normally I just schedule it for myself and force myself to follow the schedule. It is easier and doesn't bother me too much. Just sometimes I overbook myself....

7. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Set yourself Goals/Projects and review them regularly. It will help you know what progress you have made and what is outstanding.

Also, think of creative ideas for your business - this gets you more passionate about what you do.

I find it useful having a book - that I make notes in everyday.

Good Luck.

8. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

First by knowing I'm my own worst enemy. I look forward to weighing out decisions to my end result and applying these ideas. If my idea fails, I don't lie down and die, I pursue a different direction and make necessary changes to my business plan. So everyday is a challenge, which makes self employment satisfying to me.

9. aka-dj profile image75
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

I Just treat monday - friday, 8;30 am-5;00pm as work hours, and do work related activity. It's not so much about motivation as it is a discipline. I am motivated to do well in my business, so, that's what drives me in the first place.

Being self employed has pros and cons, but, to me at least, it beats working for wages/salary hands down. I enjoy the freedom (though limited) more than a set 40hrs working for a boss.

Been there, tried that, doesn't satisfy me very much at all.

working