jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

How Do You Motivate Yourself for a Challenge?

1. electronician profile image85
    electronicianposted 3 years ago

I've had a fairly prolific start to my Hubpages writing career, publishing 13 hubs in my first 10 days (including a few over 2000 words) out of the excitement of starting something new. But as the 'newness' starts to wear off I can feel the momentum starting to slow already.

I want to try to keep up that momentum so I've decided to retrospectively enter myself into a 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, which means I need to publish 17 more in the next 20 days.

But I feel like its going to be hard to motivate myself to do this. I have to make more of an effort to come up with new ideas now, and perhaps do more research rather than writing about things I know very well already. I'd like to make money here, but I know it will take ages and that makes motivating myself hard so i'd love to read any tips which more experience hubbers have to offer!

1. JG11Bravo profile image89
      JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, I don't qualify as experienced, nor do I have any suggestions for motivation, but if it's of any use to you I'll join you in the challenge and impose it on myself as well.

electronicianposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That'd be great! Do you know how it works for people to do challenges together - do we post on this thread each time we publish a new hub?

2. Barbara Kay profile image88
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your hubs and for some new ideas to write about, you could just go into more detail on some of the subjects. You have a beginners guide to programming languages. Write a hub how to program individual ones etc. Searchers would probably look for a more narrow topic anyways.

Thanks Barbara, that's a good idea, I will probably do a couple of those and then link to them from the hub you mentioned. And thanks for checking out my hubs!

3. JG11Bravo profile image89
  2. JG11Bravo profile image89
    JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago

Honestly, I don't have a clue.  It's just the pair of us, though, so I think we'll be fine to just go ahead and make up our own rules.

I joined 3 weeks ago, and I've got 19 hubs, so that's 11 in 9 days for me.

That's definitely doable - good luck with it!

3. dwelburn profile image95
    dwelburnposted 3 years ago

You have both made a great start here. I've been lacking motivation and new ideas recently too, and I think the challenge itself will increase motivation - especially if you two are doing it together. Maybe I'll take up a challenge in the new year. Best of luck to you both.

Thanks!

4. electronician profile image85
    electronicianposted 3 years ago

I published my next hub - Its on 'Urban Personal Protection Equipment' - hope to see a next one from you soon JG11Bravo!

5. jemuelO profile image84
    jemuelOposted 3 years ago

We've got the same problem, it's really hard for me to make more hubs with lack of motivation. Well I think I will join the hub challenge when time allows. Good luck on your challenge!

Thanks, good luck to you too!

1. JG11Bravo profile image89

I should probably note that I don't write on the weekends.  Don't want you to think I forgot or anything.

working