jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If you did not have to work (won the lotto, etc.) how would you spend your time?

1. dearabbysmom profile image74
    dearabbysmomposted 6 years ago

If you did not have to work (won the lotto, etc.) how would you spend your time?

If you suddenly did not have to work at all (won the lotto, etc.) how would you spend your time? What would a typical day look like for you?

2. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 6 years ago

Traveling! I would travel arround the world. And I would devote more to charity work.
    I believe there wouldn't be a typical day.

3. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 6 years ago

I'd probably do the same things I do now, only I'd enjoy them a lot more because I wouldn't HAVE to do them. As Twain wrote, "Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do."

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image62
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I would still be working. I will give some of the money I win to the charity and invest the rest into various businesses and keep working.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would do what i've wanted to do for years and that is buy older homes, fix them up and sell them for a low price to people that can't afford a house.

6. Lyn.Stewart profile image72
    Lyn.Stewartposted 6 years ago

If I won lotto this would be my normal day ...

I would wake up in the morning and have a swim in my pool then eat a light breakfast.

I would do some study and work each day on either psychology, Business, massage, photograpy, cake decorating

lunch time then I would go and do some volunteer work somewhere, SPCA, Greenpeace or some other wonderful organisation.

then I would go canoeing or fishing or painting or watch the sun set or something before having a late tea and listening to music or reading or watching tv or take the dog for a walk  before going to bed

7. Lady MJ profile image78
    Lady MJposted 6 years ago

I would create an organization where I provided free services to people who need it. I'd spend each day doing something for someone else. Especially if I had money.  I'd develop a website where people in my local area could write to me and let me know what they needed whether it be help with bills, groceries, babysitting for a busy couple that wanted a date night, home renovations, event planning, or basic survival needs.

That would be fantastic.

8. LeisureLife profile image73
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

Doing whatever I damn well please smile !!!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Pros-and-Cons-o … Black-Book

9. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

wouldn't that be bliss??! I would begin my day as usual, with a hot cup of coffee but I would drink it out on my deck in the warm morning sun. The dog would bring me my newspaper and my personal chef would make me a yummy breakfast. I would then wander through my gardens and marvel at their beauty. lunch would be served by the garden waterfall and pool, followed by a refreshing swim. I would then either read or write for awhile until cocktail hour. Nibbling on delicious finger foods and sipping cooled wine, I would watch the sun dip below the horizon. As twilight approached, the torches would be lit as well as the firepit, where another round of cocktails would be enjoyed. Dinner, again prepared by my personal chef, would be under the stars. A moonlight swim would follow. At night's end, I would don my robe and wander into the master suite, nibble on the chocolate left on my pillow and sleep sweet dreams smile lol.

10. TXJ137 profile image59
    TXJ137posted 6 years ago

Hard to phathom such an idea. I might just drive around seeing the country, travel, visit family and friends often. There is just so much I want to see and experience. So, I would just make a bucket list and start checking off boxes!

11. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

?"When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music. Which of you would be a reed, dumb and silent, when all else sings together in unison?" Khalil Gibran

Same thing as I am doing now..wake up early, work, exercise, eat one meal, sit in meditation, work, take bath, go to bed...no difference.

12. profile image0
    StonePostposted 6 years ago

I would fish on my large parcel of land that I bought that had a river running through it. I would home school my children and hire professors to tutor them in Quantum Physics. Might travel the world and see the sights, there is so much to do and so little time to do it in!

13. profile image68
    OLDNAVYposted 6 years ago

Find people who are in need and help them start a business of their own.

working