jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should we be mad? GE made 14.2 billion in profit last year and paid no federal t

1. crankalicious profile image94
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

Should we be mad? GE made 14.2 billion in profit last year and paid no federal taxes.

2. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Hell ya! I know that I am mad! I have been following these corporate thieves for years-there are many out there besides GE! I was first exposed to "Corporate Welfare" when I took a Sociology class in college some years back. It is amazing all the tax loopholes these guys get. It's really sad there there is so much money involved and there are still kids out there in this country that can't eat 3 meals a day. I'm gonna stop now cause I might not stop!

3. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 6 years ago

Yes a bunch of us need to get mad.  We need to start voting for representatives who represent us not the corporations.

4. grandslambert profile image72
    grandslambertposted 6 years ago

Yes, of course we should be mad. I made $13,000 last year and I paid more taxes than GE and almost every other Fortune 500 companies that are only Fortune 500 companies because I buy their products and services.

But what makes me even more irate is that hospitals pay no taxes, but medical costs go up faster than any other service. There is no basis for the inflated costs other than to pay the overpayed doctors (and lawyers).  If I have to pay taxes on the money I earn, then EVERYBODY should have to. No exceptions.

5. Daniel J Brereton profile image64
    Daniel J Breretonposted 6 years ago

What is your source on this?  I only ask so that I can form an accurate opinion on the subject instead of allowing sensationalist media and misconstrued facts to lead my thoughts.