jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you feel about the USA giving 6.2 Billion of...

1. Annsalo profile image84
    Annsaloposted 14 months ago

How do you feel about the USA giving 6.2 Billion of...

the budget to go towards feeding, providing water, sanitation. housing, etc for Iraq, Sudan, and Syria when we have so many hungry homeless people here in the USA?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 14 months ago

I think it is what we do. And we should do it while we are still the America we can recognize.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

Hey...Hi there girl!  Where ya been?  I've really missed you.  I hope all is well and that your Holidays have been wonderful....especially that the kids had a great Christmas,   All the best to you in the New Year!  I hope you'll stick around a while & give me an update on what's up with you...or at least stop by more often. 
    As to your question?  I apologize for not being in the appropriate frame of mind at this moment, to answer in a sound, acceptable manner.  One day, this topic would be a worthwhile one for you and I to discuss at length.  We're often on the same page with issues of this nature.
    Love the new photo!........Peace & Joy, Paula

1. Annsalo profile image84
      Annsaloposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Hey Paula, we are great! I hope you are wonderful also! It was time to check in a little!

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

Charity begins at home, and there are enough oil rich people in the Middle East that can and should take care of them.
    Bringing in immigrants from the Middle East disrespects American Citizens by using money that they need, and discriminating legal immigrants when Obama brings in 100s of 1000s of them into the country.

Maybe these oil rich people in the ME might spend money on their own, rather than financing Terrorists to kill us here.

1. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thank U Brad.These Middle Eastern Shahs/Rulers..filthy billionaires.Yes, who live 2 kill infidels .The same infidels who feed, clothe & shelter THEIR people.THEIR OWN, who starve in stark poverty as they inhabit their mansions. FRUG them!

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 14 months ago

Our military budget alone is beyond excessive and obnoxious.  We spend 610 billion per year policing the whole world and interfering where we don't belong. We don't do this because of "terrorism" that's just the marketing to get people to accept it.  We do this to control the resources of other countries and to line the pockets of a handful of elites around the world.

Saudi Arabia's government is the biggest group of terrorists in the Middle East and they are "our allies".  They are rolling in enough dough that they could help their own people all over the region and they don't because, like our govt. here, they also don't care a lick for the common man.  They only care about power and money.

We could afford to make very significant cuts to our military budget and still have the largest military in the world.  That money could be allocated to fix the water in Flint for example, or to stop homelessness, and also to develop the clean energy systems that would take away our dependence on oil,  but that wouldn't serve the interests of the military industrial complex we've been feeding for decades.

Instead, our govt. fully intends to strip away any social safety net we have.  They have no desire to serve the people here, they haven't in decades and until the people rise up in defiance, they never will again.  Unfortunately, until enough people are bled and squeezed by our current system to feel the pain, it will only get worse.  The govt. doesn't serve the people - they serve their own best financial interests here and abroad.