Is it quicker to get into Job Corps as a non resident student rather than a resi

1. profile image49
    cic5588posted 6 years ago

Is it quicker to get into Job Corps as a non resident student rather than a residential student?

I live close to a Job Corps center that I am interested in applying, but I want to start right away! From what I've heard there is a wait list for students that are applying as residential students, it seems the wait list is about 6 months long! I want to know if there is the same wait list for students that want to be a non-res...I know the reason why it's so long is because they don't have enough room to accommodate everyone, so the wait list is pretty long!! Is it the same for non-res?

2. Naomi's Banner profile image79
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago

I am not sure about which is quicker but I would say the non residential student as there is a waiting list to live in their residential facilities and they have a screening process.  THey may not be as picky about someone not living as a resident.

3. NateSean profile image75
    NateSeanposted 6 years ago

I would imagine a non-res student could get in quicker as there would not have to be the added expense of room and board for said student.

I can't be certain though. It depends on the center itself and who is making the decisions.

working