jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Dr. R wants to know: Do men give up on relationships quicker than women do?

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

Dr. R wants to know:

Do men give up on relationships quicker than women do?

2. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 4 years ago

it always the woman. men never fully cut of a woman that they was involve with. they may stop sexing her when he get marry but still will be there for her. only a woman will cut off a man and never speak to him ever.

3. Breatheeasy3 profile image73
    Breatheeasy3posted 4 years ago

Not necessarily! Ultimately, it depends on the matters of the heart. Generically I would say it is 60/40 women, in that even though the ratio of women to men is lopsided, women are the one's whom 'decide/choose'. Therefore, it is by this edge that women are more willing to move on faster. Men typically have to work at obtaining relationships with women, where women have 'relationships' being offered to them hand over foot.

4. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Women give up easily just as men do they feel it is the easy way out and pride off-course gets in the way to try and fix their issues.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have yet to come across anyone who has (actually) gone through a divorce proclaim that it was the "easy way out". More often than not people who say this have never gone through it. Getting married is a lot "easier" than getting divorced!

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I don't believe there is a such thing as  "giving up". Its more of "reaching a conclusion" that you do not want the same thing or have the same priorities for the relationship.
    "There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships; we either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have." 
    The beautiful thing about a door is it lets those who want in (in) and those who want out (out). No one is "stuck" with anyone.
    If someone is unhappy in a relationship and (they) choose to stay then (they) are (choosing) to be unhappy. Each of us gets to choose who we spend our time with.
    The goal is to find someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for the relationship as you do, (naturally agrees) with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least there is a (mutual) depth of love and desire for one another.
    I'm not sure if (gender) is the determining factor of how long someone will stay in a relationship they are unhappy with. I think one's self-esteem or love of self as well as having "realistic expectations" are major keys in making relationship decisions. Some people stick around "hoping" their mate will "change" overtime.
    The reality is everyone wants to be loved and appreciated for who they are. If you or your mate needs to change their (core) being or the way they think in order to make the relationship work, then it's a clear signal that you are probably not "right" for one another!
    There is no amount of "communication" or "work" that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want. 
    Instead of trying to change someone we are far better off trying to find someone who (already is) the kind of person we want to be with!
    FYI: According to a recent survey by AARP in the U.S. (women) initiate 66% or 2/3rds of all divorces!

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Not really. Men are usually the first to admit they are in love, but that doesn't mean they are more likely to give up on relationships sooner than women.