Do you worry about your online business?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Do you worry about your online business?

I run a successful online business. I own websites that were around even before Google. Earlier on this year Google Panda destroyed more than 50% of the ad revenue from my sites. I still make money but I have reached a point where I care less about Google and more about my level of enjoyment. What about you?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

It would depend on what type of business that you are using the internet for.

Article marketing has just about disappeared as the sites once used to promote your business don't allow you to do so, other than a link in your profile.

Other sites, used for aritcle marketing, and affiliate marketing such as Amazon among others, are now tying our hands on that. It is not enough they make a killing off of our content from the advertisers who advertise on their site, but they now want a huge piece of our affiliate earnings, and total control of the books so to speak.

Sure we can create our own websites and blogs, but we still need to get the traffic to them.

Now if it is not the greedy article submission sites tying our hands, decreasing our earnings, it is the government who is state by state hitting companies with the Nexus law.  So state by state, the various merchants who use affiliate marketers are dropping the affilaite marketers due to the new tax law.  Yet, because of this, the idiot legislatures do not seem to realize the millions in tax revenue from affiliate marketing will be lost as these companies drop their affiliate marketers in every state that is passing the Idiot Law.

I would imagine, once they figure out how to do it, Google Adsense and article submission sites, even though they only pay us pennies, will be hit next.  So the next step for these sites is to make money themselves from advertisers and not pay writers anything at all.

3. tavy88 profile image53
    tavy88posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry to much, because things go on in a funny and fast way. We should always try to adapt. Check the news every day and find out what crazy ideas they come up with every day. Right now, Google Plus seems to be on the newest thing online. If you didn't check it out, you should.

Just stay focus. Things change, techniques change, but the idea remains the same: attract customers !