jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the best way to develop a client base for a gardening and landscaping bus

1. DeviousOne profile image75
    DeviousOneposted 6 years ago

What's the best way to develop a client base for a gardening and landscaping business?

I've been wanting to start up a landscaping business which includes gardening, hedge trimming and property maintenance. The question is, what's the best way to attract a client base other than sending out pamphlets or advertising in the newspaper?

2. Sapphireid profile image64
    Sapphireidposted 6 years ago

Hi. I'd like to provide an answer to your question. Have you thought about "Word of mouth" advertising? Also, networking at HOA's and Condo/Townhome associations is an avenue to use.

Best Regards,

3. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

Hi, good luck on your business goals.  I would have to agree word of mouth is the best avenue for a start-up.  The way you can generate this type of free advertising is to do a couple of gigs for free in return for referrals.  Every job you get always ask for referrals.  On top of that deliver more than you promised or they expected.  Wow them.  You'll see your opportunities increase quickly.

4. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Advertise  to win a free yard cleanup.....do a fantastic job and the word will get out!
    Do it in one of the housing developments so others can see!   Good Luck!

5. garyluther profile image40
    garylutherposted 4 years ago

Show the latest Landscape designs to your client with most suitable with his garden..For more detail, you can get from the Instant Shade Inc.

6. profile image51
    yourlocallawnboyposted 4 years ago

Word of mouth is a powerfull tool but I have had the most luck with signs.  Get a couple and put them at high volume area.  Other companies will take them down but if they are in a high volume area you are bound to get someone to call.  After you get that person, then it is time for the word of mouth.  If you are operating in Colorado, disregard what I just told you smile