jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What makes working from home these days such a great idea?

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What makes working from home these days such a great idea?

2. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I think that not having to drive to work, considering the gas prices (again) going up, not having to drive in inclement weather, not having to deal with office politics, the freedom to hang out in your pjs if you choose to.....snack when you want...take a break and go for a walk on a nice day...the freedom to take the computer and work out on the patio or deck in the fresh air....no interuptions...the list goes on. I would LOVE to be able to work from home!!

3. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

The lack of the commute is definitely one of the high points for me right now.  For those who have kids, it can be great for schedule flexibility.  I think that it's important to find ways to communicate with people in your field to avoid too much isolation.  HubPages can be a great network for this!

4. Shona Venter profile image81
    Shona Venterposted 6 years ago

Basically, the freedom of being able to manage your own time, and not having some obnoxious boss or supervisor do it for you.

5. choboo2 profile image56
    choboo2posted 6 years ago

What makes it a great idea is the reoccuring anti-social behavior of people these days. We are relying to much on the internet and technology. People lose their social skills and suddenly working at home, alone, in a quiet(or loud) familiar space is very inviting.

6. mtrinick profile image58
    mtrinickposted 6 years ago

No commuting to work, home for the children, manage your time to suit the workload and reduce office costs.

7. mrodco12131 profile image58
    mrodco12131posted 6 years ago

helping others and recieving a residual income every month visit my website www.mrsurratte.igniteinc.biz let me know what you think

8. Justjed profile image58
    Justjedposted 6 years ago

For the parents, it helps keep an eye on the children apart from other advantages

9. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

Look at it this way, you dont have to dress for work, well at least from waist below. Eat your breakfast while you look about the days business. You don have to get stuck in traffic and it's great for parents with wee children. Go to the restroom as many times as you please, no one is going to give you the stares. You actually get a lot done, save a lot of time on travelling to and from work. I can go one but you get my point, i hope.

10. Pandapocalypse profile image73
    Pandapocalypseposted 6 years ago

For me the appeal is that is that my labor is making myself rich (theoretically) not someone else.  Whenever I work for a business or organization I just cannot shake the knowledge that I am taking home a very small percentage of what I have produced.  It might be a bit selfish but I do not like higher ups profiting from my labor.  Plus the bathrooms are nicer.

11. kittyjj profile image72
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

My main reason is to be able to take care of my three children at home.  The other reasons are saving time and gas, flexible hours, wear whatever I want to wear and no need to see the face of an angry boss, ha ha ha...

12. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Working from home is appealing to me because: (1)  it offers the flexibility of managing my own time while (2)  affording me the privilege to do what I love to do from the comfort of my home. 

Even though I currently am not working full time from home for pay; I love the possibility of working full time from home one day soon. Ideally I would continue to write from home, continue spending quality time in fellowship daily with Jesus, and become an online math instructor.

13. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Corporate Zombies controlled from satellite mass media memes on the highways is enough for anyone not infected with the American zombie virus to consider just staying home.

I'm scared that were I to get out on the roadways...I might start believing stupid things....like the war on "terror" being more than what it is...a plan to break the Muslim world in order to force a global system of government.

Hell, it could be even worse out there....one might get so delusional that they think the noise on the radio is "music."

14. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Outside of the fact you have quiet, you also have the things around you that support creative thinking and writing.

15. larcaustin46 profile image85
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

A look at the thought process behind working at home versus outside employment... read more

16. Loi-Renee profile image85
    Loi-Reneeposted 6 years ago

People often question the possibilities of earning money online. They are afraid of scams, some do not believe it is possible, and some have no idea this type of employment even exists.
    Work at home jobs are available to anyone from anywhere in the world. That is only one of the many reasons why you should work online from home. read more

working