jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What get's under your skin the most about your boss or other employees you work

1. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

What get's under your skin the most about your boss or other employees you work with?

My boss is from a military background. In the corporate world he handles employees with little acknowledge on a job well done, and focus more on what they did not do. Making mole into a hill. URKS ME!

2. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I think the ones that get under my skin the most is those lazy -------! who pretend to be busy or that they have to go somewhere when all the hard work has still to be done! Some of them, when they slink back, even have the nerve to tell other co-workers to cheer up and stop moaning!!!???? That really urks me big time!

3. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

Seeker 7, I agree. I had one boss who said I have so many emails to catch up on. We had interviews, open house, while they hid out in their office. They later came to say, wow, full house, I would have help but.....Roll my eyes! Lazzzzyyyy.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image62
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Yep, that's the military way. I no longer work for an employer, but for myself and have had my share - or more - of bad bosses! Even though I work for myself now, I still run into that military style of finding fault, punishing and focusing on what is wrong rather than right in many of my peers who are dog trainers! Our society unfortunately is geared to thinking that way.

As a positive reinforcement dog trainer, I think the opposite - I focus on what dogs and their handlers do RIGHT and build on that versus what they do wrong or incorrect. Hang in there - our society has a long way to go in putting more effective teaching and training - and supervising skills into practice.

working