jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you deal with annoying phone telemarketers?

1. alisson44 profile image58
    alisson44posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with annoying phone telemarketers?

2. Derek Slark profile image82
    Derek Slarkposted 6 years ago

I say I am busy and ask them for their name and phone number so that I can call them back. When they say they cannot give me their number, I reply "Why not, don't you like people calling you at inconvenient times?"

If they do give me their number I report them for calling a number registered with the 'Telephone Preference Service' (in the UK this makes it illegal for anyone to make unsolicited calls to registered numbers)

I have a work colleague who will lead them on; for example, he had someone trying to sell him a conservatory. He said he would love a conservatory and arranged for a sales representative to visit him. The sales rep arrived at the appointed time, only to discover that my colleague lived in a third floor apartment.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Ask them what makes them so important that they can invade my privacy with unbidden calls, then don't give them time to answer, just put the phone down.  They were being rude by calling so I see that being rude to them is valid.  Sometimes just lay the phone down and let them witter away to themselves whilst running up their bill

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I interrupt their spiel and tell them I am not interested and hang up.

working