jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What defines basic good restaurant service?

1. datahound profile image68
    datahoundposted 5 years ago

What defines basic good restaurant service?

2. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

Good service involves many things.  Making customers feel welcome, fast accurate service, correcting mistakes, and not making customers wait for service, checks, and change helps alot.  Are you seeking specific answers?

3. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Good food, good prices and only female waiters. Not because of misogyny, but because they're statistically proven to be less inclined to spit in the customer's food if they don't like him/her.

4. datahound profile image68
    datahoundposted 5 years ago

flacoinohio - I am just interested in what makes good service in other parts of US and the world.  I am in the food service business. Thanks.

Khal Blogo - interesting statistic.  Was that the Gartner group that came out with that? 
    Just kidding of course, I have been in the business for 20 years and have never seen ANYONE do anything to food or drink no matter how RUDE the customer might be.
    I doubt very seriously that anyone has ever done that type of study.

5. Jeff Gamble profile image74
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

I think the basic principles of customer service apply across all types of business. For a restaurant, it goes beyond smiling, buxom waitresses a la Hooters, or having enough flair on one's uniform (Office Space). Defining what you want your customer experience to be is what makes your brand of service unique and sets you apart from others in your field. Think about what defines an Italian restaurant in the eyes of the customer. Is it the food? The atmosphere? The maitre d' with the funny accent? If you define your customer experience, you can ensure that every member of your team is executing their role in the experience flawlessly and providing outstanding customer service.

working