How to stay motivated at work?

1. smartincome profile image74
    smartincomeposted 5 years ago

How to stay motivated at work?

I feel like I'm stuck in a rut! How do you motivate yourself at work?

2. povmang profile image60
    povmangposted 5 years ago

make yourself happy with it. think that work can help you, it make you money.

3. Amy Becherer profile image71
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

First, remind yourself everyday how fortunate you are to be employed in this economy.  I was a motivated employee for a small, family-owned, commercial electrical company for 13-years.  My annual reviews were excellent, as was my reputation as a disciplined, productive multi-tasker.  Then, on May 20, 2010, following a fantastic annual review, complete with lunch out, two weeks prior, I was laid off without warning. I had just finalized a divorce and was still in the process of moving into my new digs, chosen for the close proximity to my workplace, as I was tired of the 2-1/2 hour round-trip commute to and from work. Since I'm close (but not there yet) to retirement age, I am having difficulty attaining employment now.  I have learned that there are no guarantees in life and that taking status quo for granted can result in a rude awakening.  As long as you remain aware of the fact that you are one of the fortunate, still employed individuals, you will stay on course.  Motivation will be a byproduct.