What are the limitations of advertising & affiliate marketing on a self-hosted w

1. chivs86 profile image81
    chivs86posted 5 years ago

What are the limitations of advertising & affiliate marketing on a self-hosted wordpress blog?

I'm seriously considering switching from blogger to wordpress.org (self hosted) for my blogsite, but I am little worried that I might miss out on my usual advertising and affiliate marketing options, as I have heard that on wordpress - they have certain restrictions in place.  Can anyone help?

2. Flaura78 profile image61
    Flaura78posted 5 years ago

It is a good idea to switch to WP, it is a bit more complicated then Blogger, but has much more functions, as well. You will need some plugins and you can install widgets in the sidebar with ads. Alternatively, you might want to install the plugin Adsense Now! that inserts the Adsense code automatically.You can certainly do affiliate marketing with a self-hosted site,and the /restrictions only apply to wordpress.com sites. Hope this helps.

1. chivs86 profile image81
      chivs86posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes - thank you, that is basically everything i wanted to know Flaura78 - If these rules only applied to WP.com.  Massive help - much appreciated.

working