jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your best time management tip that has helped you stay on schedule?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

What is your best time management tip that has helped you stay on schedule?

For me, I tend to focus on getting the stuff I don't really want to do done early, so that I have it out of the way.  That boosts my energy and gives me more gusto to get more accomplished overall.  What's your best time management tip and how does it work for you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6924276_f260.jpg

2. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

I also always tend to do the highest priority first, ones with time frames and high importance. This gives me more of an opportunity to meet more deadlines and accomplish a hierarchy of the "to do's". Lists always help too!

3. wandererh profile image74
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

If you have a task that takes 2 hours to complete, you don't have to wait until a 2-hour slot opens up to do it.  By breaking up the task, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish in those 5 or 10 minutes that are usually wasted while waiting for someone to arrive, or for a meeting to start.

4. Rhonda_M profile image84
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

Writing things down works for me. It's like prepaving it. That way I face less resistence when I get around to doing the task, and a great sense of relief when I cross it off the list.

5. ICarrie profile image84
    ICarrieposted 5 years ago

I follow a prioritized list. Once I have my list, to set my priority, I ask myself "If I was to be called out of town for a month and only could get one thing done before I left, what would it be?" Then I ask myself "If I had time to finish one other thing before I left, what would it be?" I do that three or four times to get the most important things lined up. That keeps me focused on the important few, rather that the trivial many.

working