jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why Do You Feel the Need to Brag?

1. LooseBlogger profile image62
    LooseBloggerposted 5 years ago

Why Do You Feel the Need to Brag?

2. kathyinmn profile image59
    kathyinmnposted 5 years ago

Most of the time I don’t brag. But there some things I will brag about because I am very proud of my accomplishments and I want people to know this. Is telling people what you achieved really bragging? Maybe not.

3. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

I brag because I am proud of my accomplishments, sometimes I brag because others are bragging.  I think it is human nature especially in males to try and be dominant.  Some people just like being the center of attention, sometimes I am like that.

4. manlypoetryman profile image75
    manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago

If I were to say that I don't "brag"...is that not...in a sense...a very "brag" itself. And if I were to "brag"...well then...What exactly is a "brag"? If I were to "brag"...and then happened to exaggerate...that would not be a "brag"...more like a fable or myth. Therefore, I would be going on about a myth, for the purposes of my own mind...which you might say...would then...be a "brag". That would be "bragging"! To "brag"...or not to "brag"...that is the question?

What was the question again? Ah...yes...it was about: "Do you feel the need to brag?"

No...not necessarily...at the moment...but I did feel this dying need to go on and on about the word: "brag". Odd. Perhaps. But...I truly daresay...that this question does seem to make one have to "brag'...on their usage...or non-usage of the word: "brag"!

5. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I usually don't brag unless someone asks me about my son or my grandson...and then I have lots to say!

6. profile image0
    Jennifer Angelposted 5 years ago

EGO, men need their butts patted, women need their friends to realize they are hard working people just like everyone else. I don't brag often and I can't stand people who brag every time they open their mouths.

It's also called the me syndrome, where at some very early age the person or person(s) did not get enough attention at home, so they have to make it up somewhere in their lives.