Why are so many people against MLM businesses?

1. Insightful Tiger profile image76
    Insightful Tigerposted 5 years ago

Why are so many people against MLM businesses?

I have been a representative for Cutco and Solavei mobile phone service. I don't understand why some people, that I know, are against learning about a great product from a friend or relative. Aren't those the people you trust the most? I recently read an article on Forbes titled "Is MLM a bad word?" and I want to know, Do you think it's a bad word and why?

2. kschang profile image87
    kschangposted 5 years ago

Mainly because there are a LOT of shady businesses pretending they are MLM, but in reality they are just pyramid schemes.

The truth is, MLM is VERY similar to a pyramid scheme. There is only ONE significant difference. In fact, by my rough estimate, I'd say 80 to 90% of people in MLM are doing it wrong, as they are doing it as a recruitment scheme, not to sell things.

I actually wrote a hub on this
    http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/Network … ot-reality

3. Lipnancy profile image93
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

I make my living as an MLM marketer. People unfortunately only hear about the bad MLM's that have left people broke. They have no idea that this is just another business model used by many legitimate companies. I was taught to never ask your friends and family to join simply because they do not understand it. You also have to understand that your family and friends have chosen another career path. In fact I don't even tell most people what I do because there is such negativity associated with it. If I am pressed, I simply say I write mini-blogs.

But on the positive side there are plenty of people out there who are looking for a  great business opportunity. You just have to know how to find them.