jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How has a lack of focus affected your life?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

How has a lack of focus affected your life?

I've just realized that the reason why my educational software business never succeeded is because of lack of focus.  I created a card game, content for deaf ed. software, an ebook, an app.  Geez...if I focused on ONE of these I might have a successful business.  Have you experienced the same thing?  How can we help each other?  Maybe hub people could critique people's websites or hubs or ? I really don't know 'cuz I am drawn to every bright new shiny object. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7688461_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Lumocity is helping a little bit, but mostly just by mentally kicking myself when my focus starts to fade. In the beginning, it was really bad so I purchased a timer. For 20 minutes, I would focus on one project. Then when the 20 minutes were up, I would set the timer again and focus on another project for the same time. It really helped me get things going.

Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness.  It really helps to ask questions!  You actually get answers that you had no idea existed.  I went to lumosity.com and it's BRILLIANT!  THANK YOU! One exercise I saw focused on improving productivity at home. So much there. I'm in!

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can sign up for the three day program, which really helps. But when that runs dry, I still continue with the five or six games they give to everyone to pay and watch my progress. There are no bonus features but it still helps.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Sounds like you deal with a bit of adult ADD too perhaps? Seriously, I do and one of the symptoms is difficulty starting/finishing projects.  One thing that helps me is schedules - even though I resist them, I need the structure to function.  I also keep a kitchen timer handy so when it's time to work on Project A - I have to keep working on project A until the timer goes off, then I can get up and take a break. 

If I was not rigid with myself like this I would not get much done.  That being said, you can multi-task and do more than one thing well - IF you manage your time correctly.  For example, I write for HubPages, but I also have 3 paying clients for other writing projects and I run a handful of websites/blogs.  I do it all with to-do lists and my tricks with the timers etc.  It has been a tough lesson over a lot of years trust me.

Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry it took me so long to get back Christin - I got a little distracted.  So what's this "kitchen timer" and "paying clients" that you speak of?  (LIMM-laughing in my mind). Seriously, I've done the lists - never the timer.  I'm going to try that!

4. profile image49
    mrjames1posted 5 years ago

hello
    how you make money online ?

viste this page and you see all plans and ways to make allot of money
    http://www.tviarab.blogspot.com/
    i make so far 8800$ in 1 month 

just read all and good luck guys

working