jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your top 3 time management tips?

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

What are your top 3 time management tips?

2. Paul Maplesden profile image79
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

- At the beginning of each day, list three tasks that you want to get done by the end of the day
    - Focus on completing those tasks; don't be distracted by email, facebook, instant messaging etc
    - Read and implement 'Getting Things Done' by Dave Allen - It is a whole time and productivity management system and it's brilliant

3. dommcg profile image92
    dommcgposted 5 years ago

Hi Adam

Probably to write a to do list, work on your own and learn to delegate effectively.

I've written a hub about this, feel free check it out.

http://dommcg.hubpages.com/hub/20-Tips- … cy-at-Work

4. livelifeworryfree profile image79
    livelifeworryfreeposted 5 years ago

Time is money. I have two categories; 1) high value and 2) low value.  High value items are hot and get taken care of right away.  Most of the times my high value items bring in high dollars either they will save me more or earn it.  The low value are things that are important, but not as important as the high value ones.  My work time is always measured in dollars.  I want to make sure my time is earning the big bucks first.

Next, delegate. Things that I can hire out, I do.  I go through my hire and low value items and discover what can be outsourced. 

Third and final tip; I reward myself for every goal that I accomplish.  It may be as small as getting a cup of coffee or making a major purchase.  There is definitely a reward in my work beyond the compensation.

working