What do you do when someone claims to be something they are not?

1. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

What do you do when someone claims to be something they are not?

What do you do when someone claims they are some upstanding company that can help you fulfill your dreams and then they hack your email, try to steal as much info. from you because you won't sale your rights of your work to them so they can turn all your hard work into their own?

2. A_K profile image77
    A_Kposted 4 years ago

A person gets cheated either due to ignorance or self interest/greed. Often it is a combination of both. So don't fall for any scheme or promise you have not cross checked. Better Business Bureau lists legitimate and fraudulent companies. There are other resources as well to verify the credibility of the company you are going to deal with. Often, we may not believe in exaggerated and false claims made, yet we force our doubting self to believe based on some superficial false claims made by fictitious clients/customers whose testimonies are highlighted by the companies. I have been cheated by investment companies offering high returns in quick turnaround times. But then I cannot blame any one else but me because I knew they were risky investments, yet my heart (emotion) overpowered mind (reason) to make investments. The strategy for a mature person is to make a principle and take a principled stand against overwhelming temptations.

working