Why is it that if a good person claims to see god it is believed but....

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 12 years ago

Why is it that if a good person claims to see god it is believed but....

if a serial killer or crack addict says that it is not believed? For believers do you believe God would only talk to positive people?

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image61
    EinderDarkwolfposted 12 years ago

I think believers want to hang on to God not being as sadistic and evil as he's portrayed in the old testament.

1. MilesArmbruster profile image60
      MilesArmbrusterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the Old Testament has more passages about how loving God is than the New Testament. Besides, He is never depicted as sadistic or evil in the Old Testament.

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image61
      EinderDarkwolfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think perhaps you may be confused. Wiping out the world, 2 cities, leaving people to wonder around endlessly in a desert for 40 years, throw Adam & Eve out of the garden of eden because of something he knew was going to happen, exiling cain bec

3. Catherine Kane profile image82
      Catherine Kaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Einder
      God in the Old Testament was tough, but not necessarily cruel or sadistic. A lot of the things you're citing as examples are not God creating reasons to punish man, but more consequences for man making bad choices
      God could have made us mindle

3. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 12 years ago

I think it could be that the serial killer or the drug user may not appear to be very credible leaving one to question his judgment.

4. heavenbound5511 profile image64
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

God doesn't wish for any to perish but all to come to him, God's mercy,love,forgiveness-salvation is free to all that come to Him with there whole heart.
    Jesus died to deliver,heal & forgive all without being a respector of person's. God looks at the heart.
    Everything isn't positive in this world or our lives- This is why God is with us through the good,bad,even when fallen down, in every area God will stay with us if we are drawing close to him by seeking his help. None of us our perfect-that is why we need help from God.

It is the love of God the draws/attracts all people to God- not condemnation. We all have sinned and fallen short- no one is turned away from God because of Jesus.

God never left me and still hasn't and I really screw up at times-it is this kind of love that has changed me and caused me over time to do better & better.

This is what people need to understand all this hate stuff isn't God-he holds his hand out to all of us. Romans 10:9-10

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

i don't believe it no matter who says it.to me it's just out right foolishness.

1. profile image52
      abt79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Gee, you're not an atheist, are you?

6. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 12 years ago

I'd think that God could have more reason to talk to a serial killer or a crack addict myself. There's a more urgent need there.

I think, however, that people may be less likely to believe them because there are more alternate explanations available which muddy the reporting. The person on drugs has hallucinations as part of their life, and the question is whether they had a real divine contact, or whether its the drugs talking.

It's also true that many folks with a drug habit also develope a problem with truth, so folks are less likely to believe them when they say something out of the ordinary.

And as for serial murderers and other serious criminals, many times they speak of a religious experience or conversion after they've been caught, and seem to think that that negates any responsibilty for what they've done previously.

Now this could be a real experience, or it could just be a ploy to try to escape punishment, but, either way, it's understandable that people may not believe what they're saying, and it's also true that they still are responsible for what they did before. There's heavenly forgiveness, but there's also earthly responsibility

I'd think the point would be these are two different things, and a spiritual experience doesn't stand or fall on whether other people believe it or not.

7. xanzacow profile image59
    xanzacowposted 12 years ago

According to the Bible, Jesus was the likeness of God. Jesus came to the sinners and tried to show them the way. He came to those of little faith and did miracles so that they would start to have faith. He drove out demons (maybe the people were using drugs back then too). I believe there is no reason for God to show himself to anyone, as the ones who have faith already know him. However if he did decide to I would be inclined to think that he would appear to those who needed his help in believing. Maybe the crack addicts or the serial killers. I am rambling but does this make any sense?

8. Jaggedfrost profile image60
    Jaggedfrostposted 12 years ago

Christ said that he came to the sick and not the well.  I believe this to mean that those who need him and seek him out will find them after confessing before him their need.  I am more likely to believe the sinner especially if I see their countenance change while doing so.

9. Thesource profile image66
    Thesourceposted 12 years ago

God loves everyone unconditionally. On the other hand humans are weak and  feel the need for conditions. Human discriminate, but God does not.

Therefore God communicates with everyone including animals. Animals listen to God better than humans. Look at the flock of birds they know where to look for food and when to mate.
    The trouble with too many humans is that they don't want to listen to God who lives within them and in the hearts of their neighbors. They believe  they should listen to special people or some ancient books alone for God messages. They therefore restricts Gods message specially intended for them today.

God even uses people with poor social reputation to communicate to you.
    But most don't listen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)