jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you live to work, or work to live?

1. wjlambert profile image76
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

Do you live to work, or work to live?

To say it another way.  Is your job merely a source of money for your hobby(s), or do you have the career of your dreams?

2. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

I work to live.  I am too poor and too young to live to work.
    I have to work all the time where I live in Maine as 1/6 of my income goes for heating my house in the cold winter we have, 1/3 goes for taxes for those who don't choose to work, and the rest is spent on gas driving the hundreds of miles that I have to just get to work each week, and living expenses.
    I long for the days that I can just have a job as a source of money for my hobbies instead of surviving without the help of our governments.

3. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 4 years ago

I find myself asking that same question and it disturbs me that I am not sure of the answer. I am beginning to think that maybe my career is starting to become a "job" and I don't like that feeling.

4. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

Quite an interesting question... but hard to tell which way it should be. I think it is both ways... smile

5. The Invincible profile image59
    The Invincibleposted 4 years ago

I am usually laid-back and I just work to live.

I go to work every day cursing myself for taking up this job. All I want to do is have a good time all my life. I don't take life too seriously, because I know it's not gonna spare me alive.

As of now, work is not a priority but a compulsion to make more bucks.

6. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

My job is a source of money to pay for my bills, to pay for my hobby which is gardening and to have something extra for emergencies but having said that, I enjoy my job. So I think I work to live and enjoy life as much as I can as it is too short.