jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

As a customer, have you ever encountered an employee of a business who was offen

1. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

As a customer, have you ever encountered an employee of a business who was offensive and rude?

Months ago I registered my son for summer activities during school break.   The activity director asked me to call the main office and verify my son's enrollment for the last week because she didn't have him on the list.  When I called today, I politely inquired whether the office could confirm my son's enrollment. 
    The employee answering the phone replied, "just calm down."

Having said nothing rude or dramatic, I was surprised she ignored my question and answered me with a command.  A yes or no would have sufficed.

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

We used to go to a pub where the landlord insulted people on a regular basis. He was always grumpy. Funny thing was, his attitude got the place well known, it was always busy there.

CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've been to restaurants that promote rudeness by their staff.  That's actually a lot of fun.  The waitresses get to be downright rude to customers.  I wouldn't mind working there! wink

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

Of course you are always going to encounter rude people as you go through life.  You deal with them as you go.  Sometimes it's best to ignore them, other times you must confront them.  Personally, I'm a "confronter".  I let such people know that I am the one who keeps them working, and if they can't handle that, they need to find a different job.  Then I complain..in writing...to their employer, and that usually ends the problem.

Yes, I too have no problem telling someone how I really feel.  After being treated rudely,  I pretty much told this person that I wouldn't have had to call the office if they had their information correct in the first place!

4. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

My daughter bought a gift and presented it to her niece. The empty box was the gift. When she returned to store, no one apologized. Instead, several clerks laughed hysterically over the incident of the non gift

Oh dear!  Something similar happened to me once but it was a security tag that hadn't been removed.  The recipient of my gift discovered the security tag.  I had to go back to the store with my receipt so they would take the tag off.

5. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

This is a daily event where I live and work.  You will get the worst customer service, bad attitude, rude, offensive and just don't give a c&*& from employees and they realize that they are doing it but still do it because they don't like their employers and they think it will make them feel better if they make someone else's life miserable.

What ever happened to the day's when you would have a smiling person with a good customer service skills treating you like you meant something not just your money.

I'm from CT!  I know what you mean.  :^) 
      We've actually stopped going to some local businesses because the managers aren't around ever and the staff are ridiculously rude.

working