jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think a person should be disqualified from a job just because they have t

1. Zaiden Jace profile image70
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

Do you think a person should be disqualified from a job just because they have tattoos?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8423194_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

It depends on the job and the tattoos.  If someone tattoos their whole face, I would expect it would be difficult to find a job representing a business as the face of that business.  If someone has them on their body and covers them, it shouldn't be a problem.  In many jobs, they can even be showing, although not most.  It depends on the person, the situation, and the tattoos in question.  Most white collar jobs are not going to hire someone with tattoos showing - is it right? doesn't matter, it's their business and they call the shots.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

If they are hidden, of course not. But it also depends on the job they are applying for. For a sales or business man, they wouldn't be so welcome. Yet applying for construction or as a mechanic, they will do just fine. Mainly the difference is that in the latter job, they don't appeal to other people on a daily basis. Still, if the tattoo is hidden, of course they can get a job that focuses on their other skills instead of the ink on their skin.
    Love the picture by the way.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

As ChristinS says it depends on the job and on the tattoos. Not all tattoos are G rated which could be problematic depending on the kind of job they are seeking.

5. RobinBull profile image60
    RobinBullposted 4 years ago

My tattoos are only in areas that can be covered.  I teach at a technical college in the paralegal studies department.  Unfortunately, the legal world is very conservative on its face.  I would love to see a day that tattoo acceptance happens in the work place regardless of field as long as the tattoo isn't obscene.

working