jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Is 40 to old to start a new career?

1. jjulabe profile image60
    jjulabeposted 4 years ago

Is 40 to old to start a new career?

2. profile image52
    AmberE13posted 4 years ago

Absolutely not! Many people chase what they want to do later in their life most likely due to having a family or other things that came up. If you are determined and really want your career dream go after it! You're just 40! It's not too late!

3. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Your never too old to start a career or anything else for that matter. If your heart is in it, then do it. Age is just a number.

4. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I don't believe in age barriers. the minute you start thinking about age is the minute you start limiting yourself. Life is short and one should pursue their dreams regardless of age.

Starting a new career, pursuing an education, marrying the one of your dreams, traveling the world; whatever your dream, it's never too late so long as you have life.

Go for it! I resigned my job to work full time from home at the age of 40 and has not regretted a day.

The reality would be the type of career as some companies want younger people these days. If you are starting your own business then by all means. Do your market research and figure the best way forward.

Good Luck!

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with this - couldn't have said it better myself.

5. MrsGray32 profile image60
    MrsGray32posted 4 years ago

I dont think your ever too old to follow your heart and change your path.  If its what will make you happy and satisfied with your life, and your capable of such a change than all the more power too you.
    I guess the only downside might be your retirement plans.  But there are many retirement savings options out there.  Best of Luck to you!

6. virtualelves profile image61
    virtualelvesposted 4 years ago

this is the perfect time to say "age doesn't matter". in fact, most of the time 40 is a good time to start smile. by then you have enough experience and passion to do things.

1. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love this answer!