How would you tell your boss you disagree with their decision?

1. davidlivermore profile image99
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

How would you tell your boss you disagree with their decision?

My boss decided to move someone from my office, to another office.  Yet again, this is hurting my unit.  I am losing some of my best staff due to decisions out of my control.  Just as my office was getting staffed (we are a 24/7 unit), we lose someone, thus forcing others to make sacrifices and changes.

My boss knows full well I am not happy with the decision, without words being said.  She is bowing to the request of this employee, not realizing the repercussions that could happen months down the road.

How do I tell her I disagree with this decision?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

It would depend on how open your boss is to hearing the opinions of the employees. If the boss seems like the type who would be willing to listen, ask for a meeting and sit down and explain everything. There's always the chance your boss is only looking at the short term and if he/she is made aware of the bigger picture (what will happen a few months from now), he/she would be open to leaving the people in your office.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Two words; privately and respectfully. I would ask to speak with your boss alone and let her know you would like to voice a concern.  Be sure you are respectful so that the boss doesn't get defensive. Lay it out just as you did here and be sure no one else can hear to save any embarrassment.

Also stroke her ego and ask her what kinds of solutions she might have fro you to fix the situation.  If you take with one hand, always be sure to give something back...bosses can be a$$es but they are people too with egos and feelings so appeal to both.