jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Do I ask my boss for a raise? I'm worried that if I ask I will lose my job.

1. nieveselaine profile image60
    nieveselaineposted 3 years ago

How Do I ask my boss for a raise? I'm worried that if I ask I will lose my job.

2. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

First make sure you deserve one. Then write out a statement, "thank you for my raise" and whatever your bosses name is. Read it every night when you think your boss is asleep. Picture your boss giving you the raise. Feel happy about it. Visualise more money on your check.  After a week or two, go and ask for it, if he or she hasn't already given it to you. In most cases they will.  Try it. It works!

3. ruchihealth profile image60
    ruchihealthposted 3 years ago

Dont ask him on face. Make a mail regarding list of jobs done by you in last year, highlighting your special contribution that helped in companies progress. Close your note saying your wish is final and will be respected.

4. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Write a letter to your boss asking for a pay rise. Explain to your boss the reasons why you deserve a pay rise. Make a list of your accomplishment and send it to him by post or by email and see what happens. I don't think he will fire you if you are a good worker and if he thinks that you are an asset to his business or company. Just be honest, it is not an offense to ask for a pay rise. Be brave and if he does not give it to you try and find another job that pays you well. I did when I ask for a pay rise and the new boss did not give me what I deserve so I left and found a better paying job and with better benefits.

5. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 3 years ago

Hope this helps. Influencing your Boss for a Pay Rise
    http://ladye.hubpages.com/hub/Influenci … a-Pay-Rise